The Student Room Group

Am I being unreasonable? Part 2

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=67872120&t=4340522#post67872120

This is an extension on this post.

I've tried talking to my mum about her worries and what I could do to solves those worries.

My mum has literally said if you go to see him, don't come back (i.e. home).
Bump?
Wow..... she seriously doesn't want you to go!!! :s-smilie:

Other than the train issue and your UCAS application is there any other reason you can think of that explains why she is so concerned? Is she concerned that you will be in a sexual situation (not that that couldn't happen in your home town as well.....). What is your history with this guy? Does she dislike the way he treated you? Do you have a history of making poor choices....drinking/drugs etc.? Not trying to accuse you of anything but just trying to figure out why she is that concerned. It does sound like if your boyfriend is willing he should come home even if you've planned the trip. The unfortunate truth is as long as you are under 18 and she is financially responsible for you she gets to have a say in what you do. I hope other than this you have a good relationship with your mom because she's always been in your life and (hopefully) always will be but guys and relationships come and go....at least at 17. Good luck and no matter where you are I hope you and your boyfriend have a special celebration for his birthday!
Original post by Hopefully1
Wow..... she seriously doesn't want you to go!!! :s-smilie:

Other than the train issue and your UCAS application is there any other reason you can think of that explains why she is so concerned? Is she concerned that you will be in a sexual situation (not that that couldn't happen in your home town as well.....). What is your history with this guy? Does she dislike the way he treated you? Do you have a history of making poor choices....drinking/drugs etc.? Not trying to accuse you of anything but just trying to figure out why she is that concerned. It does sound like if your boyfriend is willing he should come home even if you've planned the trip. The unfortunate truth is as long as you are under 18 and she is financially responsible for you she gets to have a say in what you do. I hope other than this you have a good relationship with your mom because she's always been in your life and (hopefully) always will be but guys and relationships come and go....at least at 17. Good luck and no matter where you are I hope you and your boyfriend have a special celebration for his birthday!

With the sexual side of things, I've told her we've not reached that stage yet, but when we have, we've already got precautions in place. He's got condoms, and I'm going to go on the pill soon. I've been with him for almost 6 months now, and even in that time, we're a pretty strong couple i.e. we've never argued or anything, and my mum does like him.

I haven't got a poor history at all! I've never gone out partying, taking drugs or anything like that. I don't go out all that often, and when I do the very latest I'll be back is by 9 because my mum isn't willing to pick me up any later than that.

I've told my boyfriend about the argument that I've had with my mum about it, and he's been amazing and says he'll either visit next weekend or the weekend after that (as I think I might be going to an open day).

I know, you're right about guys coming and going. I've apologised to my mum for how I was about the whole thing because I wasn't the best. I've just got to give her some time to come around I think.

Thank you so much for your reply. :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending