The Student Room Group

Is Army cadets for me?

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Goth_girl
Last night I went to my local army cadet unit. My dad is an instructor there and he loved Army cadets as a teen and after a bit of encouragement from my friend in the sea cadets, I decided to give it a go!

I really enjoyed myself and the atmosphere was great but I'm scared my interest won't last and that it might become boring down the line. I was wondering if anyone who's gone for a while can tell me if it stays fun or becomes a chore after a while. I don't want to commit to something without being sure.

Thanks xxx

Why would it become a chore for you? You say you enjoyed it yourself so why not keep going? It's not like the army where you have to commit for at least four years, you can stop going when you want to.
Original post by Goth_girl
I'm scared my interest won't last and that it might become boring down the line. I was wondering if anyone who's gone for a while can tell me if it stays fun or becomes a chore after a while. I don't want to commit to something without being sure.

What's scary about something becoming boring? Are you only ever going to do things in life that you are 100% certain will never become a chore? Damned difficult way of leading your life, because even sipping champagne and eating caviar might become a chore after 60 years!

Maybe stop dreaming up problems and crack on with doing something you currently enjoy?
If you count making lifelong friendships and doing amazing stuff outside as 'boring' then no, it's not for you.
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
If you count making lifelong friendships and doing amazing stuff outside as 'boring' then no, it's not for you.

Well then it's defiantly for me, thanks x
Reply 5
Also, if it does get boring, you can just leave! You don't lose anything by trying!

Quick Reply

Latest