The Student Room Group

Making it up to a girl I like

I met a girl at a Sports club I've been going back to after a year out and we hit it off in terms of teasing each other and having good chemistry, we even exchanged numbers at the first club social and since then we were texting each other regularly every day.

I asked her out for a drink after our next club session and gave her the time and day (it was meant to be this Friday gone) when she asked when and she said she had volunteering to do for the club we were a part of and she said she would let me know when she was free.

Our next club social on Wednesday we spoke a bit and played with each other as usual, and she and a few others from the social even came to dance with me and a friend I was with at our Uni's night club. Next thing I know I'm in the smoking area of the night club making out with another girl I saw at the social (it was rather unexpected as I was going to make casual conversation with her and the girl jgrabbed my hand after a few words and made a move on me).

I didn't see the girl I actually liked for the rest of that night and texted her the following afternoon asking how she felt after the night before and she didn't reply, I went to a training session later on the following day and we never spoke. To make matters worst a teammate of mine at the beginning of the session loudly teases me about the girl I was making out with, asking me how her lips were. It was a bit embarrassing especially the chances of the girl I like not knowing about what happened being thrown out of the windown as soon as my teammate walked into the session

I really do regret my actions, I could care less about the girl I was making out with, especially when she was kissing my coursemate moments after she was kissing me. I care about the other girl and seeing if we can get things back on track because I've grown to like her and she probably doesn't trust me now. We haven't spoken for three days now and we're probably going to be teammates for this year so I don't want things to be awkward between us. It was a stupid mistake on my part and I want me and her to get back to how we were before :frown: Hopefully you guys can help me on this. Thanks.
Original post by YoungerHamii2014
I met a girl at a Sports club I've been going back to after a year out and we hit it off in terms of teasing each other and having good chemistry, we even exchanged numbers at the first club social and since then we were texting each other regularly every day.

I asked her out for a drink after our next club session and gave her the time and day (it was meant to be this Friday gone) when she asked when and she said she had volunteering to do for the club we were a part of and she said she would let me know when she was free.

Our next club social on Wednesday we spoke a bit and played with each other as usual, and she and a few others from the social even came to dance with me and a friend I was with at our Uni's night club. Next thing I know I'm in the smoking area of the night club making out with another girl I saw at the social (it was rather unexpected as I was going to make casual conversation with her and the girl jgrabbed my hand after a few words and made a move on me).

I didn't see the girl I actually liked for the rest of that night and texted her the following afternoon asking how she felt after the night before and she didn't reply, I went to a training session later on the following day and we never spoke. To make matters worst a teammate of mine at the beginning of the session loudly teases me about the girl I was making out with, asking me how her lips were. It was a bit embarrassing especially the chances of the girl I like not knowing about what happened being thrown out of the windown as soon as my teammate walked into the session

I really do regret my actions, I could care less about the girl I was making out with, especially when she was kissing my coursemate moments after she was kissing me. I care about the other girl and seeing if we can get things back on track because I've grown to like her and she probably doesn't trust me now. We haven't spoken for three days now and we're probably going to be teammates for this year so I don't want things to be awkward between us. It was a stupid mistake on my part and I want me and her to get back to how we were before :frown: Hopefully you guys can help me on this. Thanks.

Well just tell her honestly what happened then, It sounds reasonable. Just explain what happened but don't wait too long tho as it will just make it so much worse. And probably explain face to face as text probably isn't a great way to do it.
Original post by Cursed Hedgehog
Well just tell her honestly what happened then, It sounds reasonable. Just explain what happened but don't wait too long tho as it will just make it so much worse. And probably explain face to face as text probably isn't a great way to do it.

Pretty much what I was thinking tbh, I agree on coming clean to her but maybe I should tell her that we didnt chat at training and ask her if there was anything wrong, that way I'm not showing her that I'm overthinking it or being seen as desperate
Original post by YoungerHamii2014
Pretty much what I was thinking tbh, I agree on coming clean to her but maybe I should tell her that we didnt chat at training and ask her if there was anything wrong, that way I'm not showing her that I'm overthinking it or being seen as desperate

Yh that sounds like a good idea. Just do that when you see her then.
Original post by Cursed Hedgehog
Yh that sounds like a good idea. Just do that when you see her then.

Alright thanks for the help :smile: Just hope she doesnt blank me and get back to being friends at least (baby steps!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending