The Student Room Group

How do you stop obsessing over the person you like?

I have a crush on a guy and I think he likes me too, but I honestly can't stop thinking about him constantly and it's getting on my nerves. For days now, I think about him like every hour, I listen to songs about love and think about him, I daydream all day, I'm always looking at this pictures, waiting for his texts, over-analyzing responses and spending ages decide what to say back.

I've tried to distract myself by going to the gym very frequently, I end up just thinking about him whilst using equipment, or I will do coursework but I'm still checking my phone regularly to see if he's replied. Will I get over this phase eventually?
Yes, you will get over it and wonder how you were ever so obsessed. Good luck.

The best way to deal with a crush is to get it out there in the open. He can either reject or accept you.
Reply 2
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
Yes, you will get over it and wonder how you were ever so obsessed. Good luck.

The best way to deal with a crush is to get it out there in the open. He can either reject or accept you.

Yes you're right, I'm just going to tell him tomorrow seeing as the main thought on my mind everyday is 'should I or shouldn't I tell him?'.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes you're right, I'm just going to tell him tomorrow seeing as the main thought on my mind everyday is 'should I or shouldn't I tell him?'.

What are you going to say exactly? "I've been thinking about you and I can't take my mind of you" is a bit heavy even if the feelings are reciprocal.

Good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
What are you going to say exactly? "I've been thinking about you and I can't take my mind of you" is a bit heavy even if the feelings are reciprocal.

Good luck.

Oh no way haha, I will make it a lot more subtle - although he's actually said things of a similar nature to me already. He strongly hints that he likes me usually by showering me with compliments and flirts a lot, I say thank you and avoid flirting with him back. Tomorrow, I will just flirt with him right back and make him admit he likes me, then I'll tell him I feel the same way.
Oh no way haha, I will make it a lot more subtle - although he's actually said things of a similar nature to me already. He strongly hints that he likes me usually by showering me with compliments and flirts a lot, I say thank you and avoid flirting with him back. Tomorrow, I will just flirt with him right back and make him admit he likes me, then I'll tell him I feel the same way.

You better let us know how it goes!
Reply 6
Original post by KyleH123
You better let us know how it goes!

I will! :smile:
I think come clean if it don't work you will get closure of it does work then I think he will be less on your mind because you finally got him and the fantasies will come true so no need to think of " if , that , or else"
Reply 8
I think come clean if it don't work you will get closure of it does work then I think he will be less on your mind because you finally got him and the fantasies will come true so no need to think of " if , that , or else"

Yeah you are right. It'd really feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Time. Thats what you need. Wait and give it time. Its annoying but eventually you will forget them.
Reply 10
He strongly hints that he likes me usually by showering me with compliments and flirts a lot, I say thank you and avoid flirting with him back. Tomorrow, I will just flirt with him right back and make him admit he likes me, then I'll tell him I feel the same way.

Why haven't you flirted back with him already. Why are you holding back?
Update: I told him this morning over text, I started the conversation off really casually then said 'Could I please ask you something?' He agreed. I asked him if he still liked me. He said of course he still likes me, and that he wouldn't give up on me so easily. I told him that I liked him too, he was really happy and excited, spamming me with hearts and all that :colondollar: I feel so relieved, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Telling him was the right thing to do because as soon as I did, I quit obsessing over him so much in my head, because I could tell him directly how gorgeous and perfect I think he is.
Original post by ANM775
Why haven't you flirted back with him already. Why are you holding back?

I wasn't sure of how I felt about him in the beginning so I spoke to him like a friend and nothing more, my feelings developed right after he told me about his feelings for me. I did flirt with him today. :smile:
Update: I told him this morning over text, I started the conversation off really casually then said 'Could I please ask you something?' He agreed. I asked him if he still liked me. He said of course he still likes me, and that he wouldn't give up on me so easily. I told him that I liked him too, he was really happy and excited, spamming me with hearts and all that :colondollar: I feel so relieved, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Telling him was the right thing to do because as soon as I did, I quit obsessing over him so much in my head, because I could tell him directly how gorgeous and perfect I think he is.

So my advice worked haha and what I said was true?

Ahh why can't I just take my own advice sometimes haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending