The Student Room Group

Gym leggings - problem (Girls)

Hey, so I like to wear leggings with vests to the gym. I run a lot but the only problem is that my ass seems to always swallow my leggings. I have a big bum so I feel there's no avoiding it. The weights area is right behind so I always feel really conscious. The same would happen with a pair of baggy shorts. I was thinking of getting some 'no show pants' but I don't know if these would really help? I used to have to wear tops that cover my bum but most of my tops have now shrunk in the wash. Any way I can solve this?
If you wear proper knickers, ie. not a thong, it should be harder for your butt to eat your leggings

tbh I don't think you should feel too self conscious though, focus on your workout
I agree with the above person - wearing more suitable underwear will lessen the effect.

But in all honesty, I don't think people really care - they're all too focused on their own workout. When I first started going gym, I was really self-conscious but then I realised that everyone is sweaty/not looking their best and that nobody is going to judge you for that. I'm sure when you see someone wearing slightly too tight clothes/sweating etc you don't start judging or laughing at them...so nobody's going to do that to you. Everyone knows that the people at the gym are working on themselves & we all respect eachother for that. Enjoy your workout & don't worry! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Lauren-x-

But in all honesty, I don't think people really care - they're all too focused on their own workout.

:teehee:

Haha, what?
Reply 5
Haha, what?

Well, I'm sorry to inform you that guys stare at girls' butt in the gym, especially when they put these insane yoga pants.:sogood: :sogood: :sogood:

Original post by Josb
Well, I'm sorry to inform you that guys stare at girls' butt in the gym, especially when they put these insane yoga pants.:sogood: :sogood: :sogood:

But, in a negative way? It'd be a bit cruel of you to mock someone for that.

Tbf, everyone always ends up checking out someone at the gym. The best thing to do is to not worry about who's watching and just focus on yourself :h:
Reply 7
But, in a negative way? It'd be a bit cruel of you to mock someone for that.

Tbf, everyone always ends up checking out someone at the gym. The best thing to do is to not worry about who's watching and just focus on yourself :h:

Obviously not in a negative way.
Original post by Josb
Obviously not in a negative way.

I was just trying to be reassuring to the OP haha, sorry if I came across badly (I'm not a feminazi lol) :smile:
Reply 9
I was just trying to be reassuring to the OP haha, sorry if I came across badly (I'm not a feminazi lol) :smile:

Idk what that guy is on about. More than a quick glance and acknowledgment of someone else and you know you aren't acc committed to your workout 😂

Quick Reply

Latest