The Student Room Group

Not sure if I am eligible

Hi I have previously done 2 years at another university and got Student Finance funding. I wasn't able to complete that course and now I have started another undergraduate 3 year course. I am in the first year on this course and I was told I wouldn't be eligible for any help from Student Finance so I paid my tuition fee myself. Now I am bring told that you would have provided a maintenance loan to help with paying my accommodation fee. Could you please clarify if this is true?
Thanks
Original post by Zubz786
Hi I have previously done 2 years at another university and got Student Finance funding. I wasn't able to complete that course and now I have started another undergraduate 3 year course. I am in the first year on this course and I was told I wouldn't be eligible for any help from Student Finance so I paid my tuition fee myself. Now I am bring told that you would have provided a maintenance loan to help with paying my accommodation fee. Could you please clarify if this is true?
Thanks

Hi,

You can still apply for help with maintenance loan just no tuition fees for the first year.

You can apply online or on paper.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Thanks I have submitted my application but it is asking me to verify my identity as I don't hold a valid UK passport. Could I not just send my driving licence in as my proof of identity?
Do you have a UK birth certificate you can send and get the bit signed? (there's a form that has to be filled in and signed)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending