The Student Room Group

Cerelle Mini Pill - still got my period?

So I have been on cerelle for just over a month, and I was under the impression I wouldn't get my period. When I first started taking cerelle, I was on my period and it made it go away quickly, so I assumed I wouldn't be be having periods. My friends on the same pill don't have periods, so I'm wondering why I've just got my period at the usual date I usually do.

Could this be because I missed a pill 5 days ago (but I remembered to take one when i remembered and one the next day as normal and also havent had any unprotected sex).

Also, this is random but I've been experiencing getting 'pins and needles'/cramp a lot in my arms and legs during the day and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this side effect on cerelle?

If anyone has anything else to share about this pill also I'd like to know if you had positive or negative experiences with it.

Thank you
Original post by gabriella56
So I have been on cerelle for just over a month, and I was under the impression I wouldn't get my period. When I first started taking cerelle, I was on my period and it made it go away quickly, so I assumed I wouldn't be be having periods. My friends on the same pill don't have periods, so I'm wondering why I've just got my period at the usual date I usually do.

Could this be because I missed a pill 5 days ago (but I remembered to take one when i remembered and one the next day as normal and also havent had any unprotected sex).

Also, this is random but I've been experiencing getting 'pins and needles'/cramp a lot in my arms and legs during the day and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this side effect on cerelle?

If anyone has anything else to share about this pill also I'd like to know if you had positive or negative experiences with it.

Thank you

Speak to your doctor if you're concerned about side effects, i took that pill for a year and a half, i had no periods for about a year, then got had really unpredictable periods for a couple of months so decided to stop taking it. If you read the patient information leaflet it does mention irregular bleeding or no periods as a side effect but as it's not a combined pill that isnt guaranteed unfortunately.
I'm on cerelle and still getting periods after a year on it.

Quick Reply

Latest