The Student Room Group

Parents trying to arrange brother's marriage to MY FRIEND.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
True tbh

The insecurity is in the sense of when you see an old friend from school and you see how you're both doing now that you've grown up and you kinda have to prove a point to each other that you're doing good, idk if that makes sense. Plus she can get any guy she wants and stuff

I just can't be related to someone I've grown up with at school because you naturally judge each other

On the other hand she has totally glowed up and she's just really beautiful I think I fancy her myself tbh

Are you a girl or guy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A321
Are you a girl or guy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm female.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes but my point is that I grew up with this girl and it's extremely awkward that my mum is going to approach her and her mum and ask if she want's to arrange with my brother. I'm sure the feeling is mutual that I cannot see her as my sister in law.

It's obviously going to get her talking to all the friends from school she's still in touch with, like "omg so and so's mum asked me if I wanted to marry her brother"

We invited her and her family to my other brother's wedding in November and we took a selfie together and she probs showed it to all the peeps from school who used to know me as I have changed so much. It's just the type of thing people round here do as it's such a small town.

I get you. There's not much you can do about it except ask your brother to speak up if he doesn't want this, and if you think the girl isn't suitable for him then voice your opinion (you'll need good points for this and you'll have to keep it truthful)

Also, if the girl does talk about this (in my experience I don't think she would, as it's not the done thing and reflects badly on her), then it shows what sort of a person she is. If she does so go and tell people, act like it doesn't bother you and ignore it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending