The Student Room Group

Applying to university

My college has made it compulsory to apply to ucas, I have already stated I'm not going, however my tutor is bugging me about it, I am currently stressing about my exams that are coming up and this ucas application is dragging ... what would my teacher/college possibly do if I didn't apply I mean I'm 100% sure I'm not going so theres nno point in wasting money applying it will be a wasted application whats the point??
Original post by revision1
My college has made it compulsory to apply to ucas, I have already stated I'm not going, however my tutor is bugging me about it, I am currently stressing about my exams that are coming up and this ucas application is dragging ... what would my teacher/college possibly do if I didn't apply I mean I'm 100% sure I'm not going so theres nno point in wasting money applying it will be a wasted application whats the point??

They couldn't realistically do anything, forcing people to apply to university is very questionable behaviour so if they say anything then politely point out their lack of ethics.

If your certain university isn't for you then don't apply.

Tell your teacher firmly to stop bugging you. Honestly it p*sses me off when teachers try to make choices for you!

There is nothing from a legal stand point your teacher can do.
If it continues and you feel it's affecting your work complain to someone higher up explaining you understand their stand point however the level of stress it's adding is not needed. It should work, if not take it to someone higher up. If it is ignored and the bugging continues, take it to the police for harassment.

Nikki.
If you're definitely not going, don't apply. I agreed it's a waste of money for you. Simply say you are not going, final. It's not like they can force you to sit down and write one!

In my sixth form, if you didn't want to go to uni you had to speak to the head of year to explain why (ugh). Perhaps find someone high up and tell them to stop asking you about UCAS.

Isn't the deadline for UCAS coming up? When that's gone you won't have to worry anymore anyway :smile:
Reply 4
Also if I wanted to take a gap year and apply to uni next year, who would I get the references from? do I use the references my teachers have made me or?? would my ucas account expire or anything?
Also if I wanted to take a gap year and apply to uni next year, who would I get the references from? do I use the references my teachers have made me or?? would my ucas account expire or anything?

You make a new account as the old one expires yearly.
If you want a job from the gap year then ask your employer if you want to travel the world ask your current teachers to write one when the time comes.
Reply 6

If it's only one gap year then an academic reference would be best, so one from your school/college. If you're taking more years out then you could use a reference from work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending