Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please help, Muslims will probably only understand Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    This is exactly what I meant.

This is your deflection tactic. I never said Islam was a 'made up religion'. (There's no such thing as a religion that hasn't been made up anyway. :rofl:) But you're demanding an answer from me that is irrelevant to our discussion about non-Muslim men.

Your comprehension skills are disappointing.
    Its not tactic at all. Just a basic question which you cant seem to answer therefore forcing me to go back on my words of religious men. They are called opinions one you cant change no but @Rhythmical claimed it was and you defended her in retaliation to the other guy however you failed to grasp the concept.

Comprehension skills needs tuning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    There is absolutely no "evidence" that it is anything but.

Islam claims to have been "revealed" to man. It is a belief system totally predicted on a supposed revelation.

Believe it if you will. But don't claim there is "evidence" for it.
    Hah why not? Because there is evidence clear evidence which people on here are rejecting.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    Wheres your evidence for Islam being a made up religion?
    The person you directed that to, didn't state that they think it's a made up religion but rather your answer about how you claim non Muslim men aren't righteous or pious.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Its not tactic at all. Just a basic question which you cant seem to answer therefore forcing me to go back on my words of religious men. They are called opinions one you cant change no but @Rhythmical claimed it was and you defended her in retaliation to the other guy however you failed to grasp the concept.

Hang on, I never said it was a made up religion, don't try to twist my words. All I said was that I didn't understand how you came to the conclusion that non Muslim men aren't righteous. You can say all you like about me but trying to bring up the fact that I have committed apostasy is low. Would you rather me falsely believe in Islam or leave the sake of myself and Allah?

ReputationRep:
    Hah why not? Because there is evidence clear evidence which people on here are rejecting.
    No there isn't, where is this clear evidence?

ReputationRep:
    If there is evidence I would like to hear it.

I don't want to spend an eternity in hell for disbelief, that is for sure.

So what is your evidence, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    No there isn't, where is this clear evidence?
    Lets leave that to people like you who know all about my religion to figure out shall I?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

I wanted you to elaborate on your prejudiced and extreme view that you evinced, where you stated that non-Muslim men do not respect women.
    This:

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    The person you directed that to, didn't state that they think it's a made up religion but rather your answer about how you claim non Muslim men aren't righteous or pious.

ReputationRep:
    And its perfectly fine for you guys to sit here dictating Islam to us? Like its all false? Under what basis? Like everyone questions us Muslims let me retrack that question back at you. Wheres your evidence for Islam being a made up religion?
    I don't remember if I already told you that, but here is the evidence:

The Sanaa Palimpsest, the oldest fragment of the Quran in existence, is substantially different from the modern version of the Quran. The Quran is supposed to be the true and unaltered word of God, but it seems that it has evolved over time; we can therefore conclude that it is man made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sana'a_manuscript

You could also take a look at all the mistakes in the Quran, such as "man was made of clay by God", or "mountains prevent earthquakes", which were disproved by modern science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    OP just wanted advice (preferably from Muslims as she follows Islam) and we end in debates. Great. I feel sorry for OP.
    OP had already made her choice and just wanted to hear validation.

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense. Don't compare how someone feels about an ideology to a maths equation because they are clearly not the same. The fact there are so many different Islamic sects and interpretations is obvious proof that there is not only one way of seeing things.
    This is a claim touted by some that holds no water in reality.
    At most we can say there are 3 sects and that is stretching it:
    Sunni islam 80-85% of muslims
    Shia islam
    The possible third sect that could be argued for are quranists (who are viewed unanimously by the vast majority (ie both sunni and shia to not be following the quran they claim to follow)

Then there are the khawarij who are not a sect per say but rather extremists who excommunicate everyone but them (eg isis,qaeda, shia cleric in london whose name I dont know).

ReputationRep:
    Lets leave that to people like you who know all about my religion to figure out shall I?
    You don't seem to care about anybody else but yourself, do you?

Here we are, our immortal souls are in danger of being burnt in the torments of hell for all eternity. You have evidence to show us the way. But don't provide it.

What kind of unfeeling monster are you?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I would like to offer advice but I am not Muslim, so I won't understand.

ReputationRep:
    You're making no sense again. Knowing about a religion doesn't mean one has to believe in it, just as there are many atheists who are professors of religious theology. So I ask you again, where is this clear evidence?

ReputationRep:

Here we are, our immortal souls are in danger of being burnt in the torments of hell for all eternity. You have evidence to show us the way. But don't provide it.

She's already said we can't believe because Allah has placed a seal on our hearts and mind.

MiszShortee786, why do unbelievers get sent to hell if Allah was the one who stopped them from believing?

ReputationRep:

What sort of remark is that? How would you know what sort of person I am? But thanks for the compliment because at the end of the day it don't hurt me. My reward lies with Allah. And if you really cared that much then you would consult an Imam for the answer. As I said before I'm not here to spoon feed all details about my religion.

ReputationRep:
    She's already said we can't believe because Allah has placed a seal on our hearts and mind.

MiszShortee786, why do unbelievers get sent to hell if Allah was the one who stopped them from believing?
    Allah has placed a seal on my hear and mind? And will consign me to an eternity in hell as a consequence???

Why? How could he do this to me?

Could a Muslim please explain?

Being tortured for ever and ever because Allah has put a seal on my heart and mind seems really unfair.

Why doesn't he break my seal? Why doesn't he care about me?

Or any of the millions of others he has placed this seal on?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What sort of remark is that? How would you know what sort of person I am? But thanks for the compliment because at the end of the day it don't hurt me. My reward lies with Allah. And if you really cared that much then you would consult an Imam for the answer. As I said before I'm not here to spoon feed all details about my religion.
    Do you actually have an answer for me? Or are you conceding that your assertion that non-Muslim men do not respect women is borne out of pure prejudice and hatred for non-muslims?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    As an apostate, if you knew an apostate in real life, what would you do and be honest.

ReputationRep:

You've got it completely twisted. It states in the Holy Quraan that Allah in fact sealed your hearts and mind. I just quoted it as it was perfect example for you.

Someone can't read in between the lines.

In terms of unbelievers getting sent to hell is used to describe what will happen to an individual that does not believe

You have plenty of resources avaliable to find your way to Islam. Allah gives and gives until one is certain that they defo don't want to believe. Then he seals ones heart and mind thereby becoming headless

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.