The Student Room Group

23 year old male, never been in a relationship in my life

Hi,

Lived on planet Earth for 23 years and have never been in a sexual relationship with any woman. Literally been single most of my life and being of a South Asian descent, I am starting to slightly worry about the future, i.e. marriage etc.

I don't want my parents to find me someone, I want to find someone myself! A lot of people, guys and girls I know or come across are in relationships and I just feel that being in one can be beneficial.

Now that I have completed my degree at university, I have literally closed a huge door behind in terms of finding women. I started working but I don't really want to go out with someone I would potentially be working with. Already there is this girl that doesn't like me - god knows why. She does the fake smile @ me and literally gives me a dirty look. Of course, if it was out of work I would confront them and ask if they have a problem with me but clearly you have to be professional at work. I ain't a snitch for a start. Anyways, I am after tall women and I am not a huge fan of dating websites. Some people tell me to try instagram and social media but again I want to keep it old school and literally speak to a girl face to face.

What advice could you give me? How can I look more smart at work and in general for example? I would much rather start looking the part now so that in the future I will be more prepared
1) Get fit. Work out and burn fat (if you have any)
2) Dress smart. Clean shoes, clothes that fit and no stains
3) Get clean. No body odour. Wash clothes. Use perfume/aftershave/deodorant
4) Shave. No bum fluff, no long hair, get a nice clean cut

5) Have a sense of humour
6) Live your life by an inner scorecard
7) Find your hero/heroes, it'll pretty much show you what you will become. Do you like that you?
8) Read and keep reading. Study stuff that interests you

9) Pause for a moment. Catch that sunset. Look at those stars.
Reply 2
Original post by jai_shree_ben
1) Get fit. Work out and burn fat (if you have any)
2) Dress smart. Clean shoes, clothes that fit and no stains
3) Get clean. No body odour. Wash clothes. Use perfume/aftershave/deodorant
4) Shave. No bum fluff, no long hair, get a nice clean cut

5) Have a sense of humour
6) Live your life by an inner scorecard
7) Find your hero/heroes, it'll pretty much show you what you will become. Do you like that you?
8) Read and keep reading. Study stuff that interests you

9) Pause for a moment. Catch that sunset. Look at those stars.

Thanks, could you please elaborate on point 6 - Live your life by an inner scorecard

Also, I thought girls found guys with a beard and long hair attractive?
Original post by k0nzr
Thanks, could you please elaborate on point 6 - Live your life by an inner scorecard

Also, I thought girls found guys with a beard and long hair attractive?

That comes from Warren Buffett

Here is a link to the article

http://observer.com/2015/05/ive-followed-warren-buffett-for-decades-and-keep-coming-back-to-these-10-quotes/

I suggest you read it all.

Most girls I know like stubble (at best), but it's best to be clean shaven and nice short hair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending