The Student Room Group

Friends after university

I was wondering how many of you are still close to your best friends from university after graduation. Are you still very close or has distance and life made you drift apart?

Also, what is a good way to make friends after graduation?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I was wondering how many of you are still close to your best friends from university after graduation. Are you still very close or has distance and life made you drift apart?

Also, what is a good way to make friends after graduation?

I've lost contact with many of my closest friends since graduation.

Maybe you could join a club or some sort of meetup group. I've never really tried it myself but it has been suggested to me before.
https://www.meetup.com/

If you get a job, I think the best thing to do is just make friends with your work colleagues.
I'm still friends with most of my core group from university. I graduated in 2010 and am meeting up with 6/7 of them in June, we had a wedding last December and all went to visit our first baby in the group last summer. I live in the North East whilst two live in Cornwall. But at the end of the day, we're not everyday friends, we have 2-3 meet up's a year, which are usually well attended and we all pick up where we left off. Whether that will continue into our 30's? I hope so, but it may not.

My best friend from uni (and part of this group) only lives an hour away from me and we chat via Skype all the time - I don't think that friendship will end.

Work can be a great place, depending on where you work and with whom. Sometimes people can be older than you, or have well established friendship groups (particularly if everyone has their own, external to work, friendships), then they can be less inclined to mix in work. Other than that, pick up some hobbies and get chatting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending