The Student Room Group

I got too drunk on a night out and I feel like **** when I think about it

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Historgeek
So a few months ago (first year uni) we were going on a night out and I decided to deviate from drinking beer to vodka and squash. Not surprisingly I got extremely drunk and don't remember most of the night. I felt like **** for the whole of the next day. I go out quite a lot but this is the only time I ever got that bad. Even now whenever I think about it I feel so stupid that I got in such a mess. That's not the kind of person I usually am. Basically I'm asking if anyone else has done the same thing and did it change you're attitude to alcohol? Thanks guys :-)

I've never gotten fully drunk before but it's all an experience really. At least you sort of know your limits now, right? The worst was probably at a Christmas party and there are videos about me from that night and it's something I don't really regret, I look back and it reminds me of my student years. I would still get really drunk one night though :tongue:
I have done it more times than I can count in my first year.

My attitude has changed over time because of maturity not because the states I got myself into.
Reply 3
So a few months ago (first year uni) we were going on a night out and I decided to deviate from drinking beer to vodka and squash. Not surprisingly I got extremely drunk and don't remember most of the night. I felt like **** for the whole of the next day. I go out quite a lot but this is the only time I ever got that bad. Even now whenever I think about it I feel so stupid that I got in such a mess. That's not the kind of person I usually am. Basically I'm asking if anyone else has done the same thing and did it change you're attitude to alcohol? Thanks guys :-)

hun, it happens to everyone. First year uni for most is a mix of fun, alcohol and feeling embarassed by your drunk actions... and then panic studying 1 week before exams. Try being a girl, it's worse for us, we can drink less.

If you are still this concerned about it months after it happened maybe you should go to the docs and see if you have some kind of anxiety problems? That is the only thing I would say is "abnormal".

You know now to be careful about how much you're drinking. If it happens again, don't beat yourself up, it's not a big deal... but you just know what to avoid in the future!
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
I've never gotten fully drunk before but it's all an experience really. At least you sort of know your limits now, right? The worst was probably at a Christmas party and there are videos about me from that night and it's something I don't really regret, I look back and it reminds me of my student years. I would still get really drunk one night though :tongue:

How old are you? I thought you were still at school from your posts
Original post by Moura
Try being a girl, it's worse for us, we can drink less.

Not sure that is entirely true, the girls rugby team never seemed to have a problem with putting them away.
Reply 6
Original post by Meany Pie
Not sure that is entirely true, the girls rugby team never seemed to have a problem with putting them away.

They also get into states though lol

Just mean on average if a guy and a girl are drinking the same amount, the guy generally seems to handle himself better than the girl and not be quite so drunk.

Happened once before at a house party, never been so embarrassed and (probably) won't do it again haha. I was sick multiple times in my friends beautiful home, and my mum had to pick me up at 10pm. I don't remember a single bit after drinking. My friend's mum has been strange with me ever since and rightly so.
BUT, you have to know your limits, and this definitely happens to everyone.
I still feel silly to this day, hate thinking about it.
Reply 8
Original post by Moura
How old are you? I thought you were still at school from your posts

It says study level: undergraduate degree on my profile lol
Reply 9
Original post by UWS

It says study level: undergraduate degree on my profile lol

oh! I just thought I saw you post about being at school or doing your GCSEs or something! must have got it mixed up lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending