The Student Room Group

Eligibility

If I've studied with the Open Uni (part time) between Oct 2014- March 2017 and I now have 120 credits (equivalent to 1 year full time) and I received a part time loan for each module (no maintenance loan)..
what do I qualify for now (both maintenance & tuition) if I want to start with another University this September on a full time basis to complete my remaining 2nd & 3rd years?
I do not have a degree, I've only studied one year of university on a part time basis since i was working full time.
HELP!
Literally getting different answers each time I phone SFE.
Original post by kafy7
If I've studied with the Open Uni (part time) between Oct 2014- March 2017 and I now have 120 credits (equivalent to 1 year full time) and I received a part time loan for each module (no maintenance loan)..
what do I qualify for now (both maintenance & tuition) if I want to start with another University this September on a full time basis to complete my remaining 2nd & 3rd years?
I do not have a degree, I've only studied one year of university on a part time basis since i was working full time.
HELP!

For full time applications SFE only ask for details of previous study that either resulted in a qualification or was full time.

Part time study for credits doesn't have to be declared for your full time application and you should be eligible for full funding for the duration of your degree.
Original post by kafy7
HELP!

Hi kafy7,

Your previous study would not be counted by us as you have not gained a qualification and it was part time study. If you're moving on to a full time course you will be entitled to tuition fee and maintenance support for the during of the course. If it's part time, you will be entitled to a tuition fee loan. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending