The Student Room Group

ELQ on Open Plus

Hi,

My situation is quite complicated and I get different answers each time I ask.

I am an ELQ student wanting to study Physics on the Open Plus course. I have had the Open Uni confirm that the course I would like to start in 2017 is under their ELQ policy. So my question is how does the funding work since I will study two years part time (through the OU) then transfer to Lancaster to study full time. Does the application for a tution fee loan cover my whole degree (since its spread out over 4 years making it a part time degree overall) or will I have to reapply when I transfer to Lancaster?

I am aware since I am an ELQ student I can only get part time study finance, would those last two years count as full or part time?

Thanks.
Original post by Merlin'sbeard
Hi,

My situation is quite complicated and I get different answers each time I ask.

I am an ELQ student wanting to study Physics on the Open Plus course. I have had the Open Uni confirm that the course I would like to start in 2017 is under their ELQ policy. So my question is how does the funding work since I will study two years part time (through the OU) then transfer to Lancaster to study full time. Does the application for a tution fee loan cover my whole degree (since its spread out over 4 years making it a part time degree overall) or will I have to reapply when I transfer to Lancaster?

I am aware since I am an ELQ student I can only get part time study finance, would those last two years count as full or part time?

Thanks.

As you're an ELQ student, I'd be very surprised if you could get a loan to cover the full-time years at Lancaster. Even though you do study with the OU for part of the course, it was my understanding that you apply through (and are therefore registered with) the brick university - so it won't be counted as part-time. I could be wrong of course, I suggest you contact Lancaster and SFE directly and ask them.

Why you don't you just do your whole degree with the OU?
Hi Merlin'sbeard,

Just wanted to check this with you a bit further to make sure we can advise you correctly.

What qualification will you hold prior to starting your part-time course with the Open University and what previous study do you have at higher education level?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending