The Student Room Group

Relationship advice needed

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years, we are both 18. Basically the issue is he NEVER answers my messages, I will wait all day for a reply but nothing! He used to reply immediately. Now this might sound silly because I understand people are busy but it is making me very insecure. I have told him it bothers me but we always end up arguing. We have been arguing a lot recently and Im wondering if maybe he is just not interested anymore but doesnt want to tell me? Any opinions would be really appreciated
Yeah sounds like he might not be as interested or perhaps he's got something going on in his life? Have you tried to figure out if something's goin on or troubling him? Maybe you should just ask him what's goin on and if he wants to be with you and if he does he needs to start acting like it.
Reply 2
Had something similar happen to me, not relationship related but we used to talk all day every day now I'm lucky if I get a reply from her. It seems your boyfriend is losing interest in you, but is scared to admit it because he doesn't want to lose you, because of how long you both committed to the relationship. He MAY be speaking to other girls but don't assume so because it could be anything. Just ask him what is up and if he doesn't give you an answer (you mentioned you argue when you ask him) something is probably not right and he is hiding something. 90% of the time when someone is no longer giving you attention it is going to someone else. Hope this helps :smile: just try not to assume too much I know it's hard not to. Come to a conclusion because 4 years is a long time together.
Reply 3
Or youve been together that long that he doesnt feel that he has to reply straight away.
Original post by Amina190
Yeah sounds like he might not be as interested or perhaps he's got something going on in his life? Have you tried to figure out if something's goin on or troubling him? Maybe you should just ask him what's goin on and if he wants to be with you and if he does he needs to start acting like it.

Thanks so much for your reply! I did wonder this, if something is happening that I dont know about. I am going to speak to him today, thank you!
Original post by Integer
Or youve been together that long that he doesnt feel that he has to reply straight away.

Thank you for your reply! I worry that it happens even though ive told him it bothers me... I think he is a little disinterested after four years
Original post by Xopher_
Had something similar happen to me, not relationship related but we used to talk all day every day now I'm lucky if I get a reply from her. It seems your boyfriend is losing interest in you, but is scared to admit it because he doesn't want to lose you, because of how long you both committed to the relationship. He MAY be speaking to other girls but don't assume so because it could be anything. Just ask him what is up and if he doesn't give you an answer (you mentioned you argue when you ask him) something is probably not right and he is hiding something. 90% of the time when someone is no longer giving you attention it is going to someone else. Hope this helps :smile: just try not to assume too much I know it's hard not to. Come to a conclusion because 4 years is a long time together.

Thank you so much for your answer, I hope that you and your friend sort things out!! If you ever want to chat im a pm away :tongue: I do have my suspissions the attention is going elsewhere now and that he is too scared to say because of how long we have been together :frown: I am going to talk today! Thanks so much for the advice
Hope you get things sorted, let us know x
Reply 8
Original post by missy123456
Thank you so much for your answer, I hope that you and your friend sort things out!! If you ever want to chat im a pm away :tongue: I do have my suspissions the attention is going elsewhere now and that he is too scared to say because of how long we have been together :frown: I am going to talk today! Thanks so much for the advice

Happy to help :smile: It got to the point where we would text all day, hearts and everything, and the worst part is you would think just from looking at the texts, that we were in a relationship, but she just stopped and she's been flirting with other people the last few months, or maybe she was trying to get revenge on her ex with guy friends, either way she scared of boys now and she instinctively pulled away from me, she said stuff like "we should meet up again in the holidays" and saying I make her happy and all this stuff, but she realized that she wasn't ready for another relationship and just stopped, and the worst part is I fell for her but she isn't ready, or even worse she found another dude and I didn't meet her expectations :frown: she never gave me a clear answer as to why we stopped talking, all of it is excuses
Reply 9
Original post by missy123456
I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years, we are both 18. Basically the issue is he NEVER answers my messages, I will wait all day for a reply but nothing! He used to reply immediately. Now this might sound silly because I understand people are busy but it is making me very insecure. I have told him it bothers me but we always end up arguing. We have been arguing a lot recently and Im wondering if maybe he is just not interested anymore but doesnt want to tell me? Any opinions would be really appreciated

dont think like that u should try more give him something he loves the most like how it was earlier pull that out of his head and make him remember hw u guys loved eachother so dont take that desition goodluck meet him always give him more love
Reply 10
Original post by study beats
bla bla bla my boyfriend bla bla bla...

another whining idiot

Shut up
Original post by Mina_
Shut up

come betch
I don't think you need to feel insecure if he doesn't reply straight away, four years is a long time he probably doesn't feel the need to. Freaking out about a guy not replying is what you do in the first stages of a relationship. You should be able to trust him by now. It sometimes works if you start to pay less interest in them, so just don't message him as much. Also don't respond to his messages straight away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending