The Student Room Group

Thinking about leaving Islam

So basically, I'm not a practising Muslim however my family are and they are quite religious. The way my parents and siblings act just makes me feel like what's the point of practising, they preach this and that about how you shouldn't listen to Music and pray everyday etc but they're horrible people, they basically bully me at home, they call me names, put so much pressure on me, don't respect me at all, whenever I'm sad or something they just tell me to sulk it up or sometimes when I don't say hi or something to them they give me this huge lecture and start calling me stupid and stuff like that. I know this barely has got anything to do with Islam but it just makes me feel like I'm 10x the human they're are even though I don't practise it.

Scroll to see replies

Go with what you want to. If you aren't practicing, it will probably make it easier to leave. Do you know the process of leaving?
Original post by Anonymous
So basically, I'm not a practising Muslim however my family are and they are quite religious. The way my parents and siblings act just makes me feel like what's the point of practising, they preach this and that about how you shouldn't listen to Music and pray everyday etc but they're horrible people, they basically bully me at home, they call me names, put so much pressure on me, don't respect me at all, whenever I'm sad or something they just tell me to sulk it up or sometimes when I don't say hi or something to them they give me this huge lecture and start calling me stupid and stuff like that. I know this barely has got anything to do with Islam but it just makes me feel like I'm 10x the human they're are even though I don't practise it.

Leave Islam? If you no longer subscribe to the ideology of Islam, you have left Islam.

Just follow your intellect and you will find yourself on a fulfilling path.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Go with what you want to. If you aren't practicing, it will probably make it easier to leave. Do you know the process of leaving?

There's a process? All I did was say God can kiss my ass
Original post by orderofthelotus

I have no idea. I am an atheist so I was asking out of curiosity.
Reply 5

If you're thinking about it, haven't you already left? It's not just about practising but about being committed mentally etc. I am an atheist. Don't let anyone else tell whether you need to follow a religion or not. I get really frustrated with this medieval mentality. Just be-careful about going to the Islamic nation as they may not look kindly on people who have left that religion. Go live your life. Don't live your life the way others want you to.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I have no idea. I am an atheist so I was asking out of curiosity.

Lmao, no there's no process. Now that you mention it though, I can't wait to be able to throw items of religious significance out, etc but you're not some Official Ex-Muslim when you do that - you become an ex Muslim the minute you stop believing. "Processes" are self imposed and purely for satisfaction.
Reply 8
I wonder how hard it is to leave Islam in like a strict family
Reply 9

You: "My family is rude."
Your Brain: "Leave Islam."
You: "Yeah sounds about right."
Original post by Future.

Me trying to find your contribution to this discussion

Original post by KNNY
I wonder how hard it is to leave Islam in like a strict family

Even in families that aren't that strict, you don't really "leave". You just stop believing, and in most cases, still act like you believe.
Original post by Future.

Translation:

How dare you even contemplate leaving Islam, you apostate dog!
Reply 14
Me trying to find your contribution to this discussion

My contribution was the reply you attached lol
Reply 15
Even in families that aren't that strict, you don't really "leave". You just stop believing, and in most cases, still act like you believe.

That's horrible though having to "pretend" in believing something
Original post by KNNY
That's horrible though having to "pretend" in believing something

Lol that's not the worst of it. People get killed, abused etc etc etc. The only thing that keeps a lot of people going is the idea they won't have to put up with that bull anymore sometime in the future.
Reply 17
Lol that's not the worst of it. People get killed, abused etc etc etc. The only thing that keeps a lot of people going is the idea they won't have to put up with that bull anymore sometime in the future.

Yeah that's what I mean, like you either have to believe it or get killed as it's punishable by death
:2euk48l:
Original post by _gcx
Leave Islam? If you no longer subscribe to the ideology of Islam, you have left Islam.

Just follow your intellect and you will find yourself on a fulfilling path.

Urm no, there's an official application form you have to send to Allah to get exemptions from people killing you because of your apostasy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending