The Student Room Group

Friends. Anybody feeling lonely in London?

Hi there
I'm studying uni. I'm a mature student. Living in London. Have a very few friends in here (moved here couple of years ago) and find it really difficult to get new ones.
What about you ?
Are you surrounded by friends?
I wish I was
Same minded people
Who like to chat, walk through London etc..
Reply 1
Get in the van
Reply 2
This probably isn't the safest way to get to know people. Have you tried university societies?
Reply 3
Original post by sek510i
This probably isn't the safest way to get to know people. Have you tried university societies?

That's a good idea I'll try it ;-)
Reply 4
Original post by sara1986
That's a good idea I'll try it ;-)

I really can't tell if that's sarcastic or not xD

If it is sarcasm and you've tried it before, have you considered the London student union, rather than just your local uni societies?
Reply 5
No It's not sarcasm at All.

I am just wondering if I can join some of the societies now in the middle or actually end of the academic year.
Or If I don't have to wait till September or October.
Reply 6
No It's not sarcasm at All.

I am just wondering if I can join some of the societies now in the middle or actually end of the academic year.
Or If I don't have to wait till September or October.

Most uni societies let you join mid-term. You might have to contact them individually rather than through the Fresher's Week events, but I don't see why they wouldn't like some new members at any time.
Reply 7
Original post by sek510i
Most uni societies let you join mid-term. You might have to contact them individually rather than through the Fresher's Week events, but I don't see why they wouldn't like some new members at any time.

Ah that is great thank you.
So I'm on a mission now
To go and join a society and see how it works ;-)
Reply 8
Ah that is great thank you.
So I'm on a mission now
To go and join a society and see how it works ;-)

Good luck :smile:
Hi there
I'm studying uni. I'm a mature student. Living in London. Have a very few friends in here (moved here couple of years ago) and find it really difficult to get new ones.
What about you ?
I wish I was
Same minded people

How old are you? Because some people say their nature students but their only 24 and they thinking behind old
Type www.Meetups.co.uk
www.Citysocializer.co.uk
These 2 will help you find new friends and places to go
Hi there
What about you ?
I wish I was
Same minded people

I made spelling mistakes, I meant mature and people who are 24 call themselves mature and think that's old
Reply 11
Original post by Judge Jules
How old are you? Because some people say their nature students but their only 24 and they thinking behind old
Type www.Meetups.co.uk
www.Citysocializer.co.uk
These 2 will help you find new friends and places to go

I'm 30 actually ;-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending