The Student Room Group

Forcing my way into uni

Guys I needed one A and 2 Bs to get into my desired course at Manchester however I only got three Bs and there refusing to take me on, has anyone got any advice or tips on how I could persuade them to take a punt on me, many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Tonkg001
Guys I needed one A and 2 Bs to get into my desired course at Manchester however I only got three Bs and there refusing to take me on, has anyone got any advice or tips on how I could persuade them to take a punt on me, many thanks

Resit, get the grades, and reapply. Anything else will not work.
Hi Tonkg001,

First of all, congrats on your results!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Unfortunately, if they have said no once then I imagine they won't change their mind. Start looking around for other unis, you have quite a few options with your grades!

^Kam
They're under no obligation to take you if you fail to achieve your offer - the cases where they do take students who underachieve are normally if they're applying for a course which is undersubscribed and they are willing to be more flexible, or some other aspect of the persons application indicates they will do admirably in their current course.

If they have said no then, unfortunately, that indicates you don't fall into either category. There are many other good universities that may well consider you, so I would recommend looking at the clearing vacancies and seeing what is available - for example Loughborough and Southampton both had a number of courses yesterday with less than standard entry criteria published in view of their yield of offers this year.
If your course is very popular and there are students that have got the grades they would have no reason to let you in. Your best bet is to keep bugging them with the unlikely chance they will let you in or alternatively if you reallt want to go there do some resits and apply for next year. If you want to go to uni this year, then just realise that you didn't get the grades to get into Manchester and move on, It is not the end of the world!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending