The Student Room Group

Concerns about clearing choice

Hi all,
Got my results yesterday and do to circumstances at home I've achieved far below what was required for my firm choice at Warwick. I have, however, managed to gain a place in clearing for the Biology course at Bangor University even though my grades are far below the entry requirements. This is great, however I'm still unsure as to whether I should consider resisting my A Levels. Realistically I know I'll be able to achieve far above my current grades but all things considered it's not something I can guarantee, as the future is always unpredictable. I'm completely lost, really. I do like Bangor, but it's a decision that will influence the rest of my life, and I have no idea what the best option for me is. The negatives for each option are all plentiful, and I'm struggling to see a situation where I'm really happy with the decision I made. Anybody got any tips or past experiences like this?
Original post by sourceofthesauce
Hi all,
Got my results yesterday and do to circumstances at home I've achieved far below what was required for my firm choice at Warwick. I have, however, managed to gain a place in clearing for the Biology course at Bangor University even though my grades are far below the entry requirements. This is great, however I'm still unsure as to whether I should consider resisting my A Levels. Realistically I know I'll be able to achieve far above my current grades but all things considered it's not something I can guarantee, as the future is always unpredictable. I'm completely lost, really. I do like Bangor, but it's a decision that will influence the rest of my life, and I have no idea what the best option for me is. The negatives for each option are all plentiful, and I'm struggling to see a situation where I'm really happy with the decision I made. Anybody got any tips or past experiences like this?

It's up to you, but if you like Bangor (it's by no means a bad uni, I hear it's good for biology, especially marine biology) then you might as well go there. If it was me, I'd give Bangor a go, and if I didn't like it, apply to transfer to another uni after the first year.

As you say, retaking A levels is a risk - you would in effect be betting on yourself that you can do better next time, are the rewards (going to Warwick) worth the time and effort? Personally, I don't think so but it's your opinion that counts. Ask yourself, will you regret not going to Warwick, or do you just want to get on with your life?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending