The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde Applicants 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Scotfather
Timetables are online but are subject to change. Depends on your course and how many credits are within it as well as if it crashes with your timetable. Textbooks are not needed I think as they are mainly available on Suprimo. It should state during you registration through pegasus the number of credits that are contained within your course, if it is <120 then its likely you will need to take some sort of optional class or elective.

Ahhh cheers I get it now, so will i get the timetable and info on credits after i register cause i havent done that yet
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Sophie.Bx
Ahhh cheers I get it now, so will i get the timetable and info on credits after i register cause i havent done that yet

Log onto pegasus and start the registration process if not already and I will post link below to the timetable search.

https://www.strath.ac.uk/professionalservices/timetables/
Anyone know how long it’ll take them to send me an email about accommodation? I want to sort out everything ASAP
Also it starts on the 10th but I’m on holiday till the 13th, will I miss anything major?
Also big up to Strathclyde for letting me in 😄
Log onto pegasus and start the registration process if not already and I will post link below to the timetable search.

https://www.strath.ac.uk/professionalservices/timetables/

Cheers! And i have started the registration on pegasus but can't complete it as it is asking for info about my GP which i was meant to be changing so will need to get that done asap ahahhaha
Original post by dartagnankillian
Anyone know how long it’ll take them to send me an email about accommodation? I want to sort out everything ASAP
Also it starts on the 10th but I’m on holiday till the 13th, will I miss anything major?

Hi @dartagnankillian congrats on getting in to Strathclyde- we hope you are looking forward to starting uni in September. Accommodation is filling up quickly, you can email them at: [email protected]
Alternatively you can call them on 0141 548 3454

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions then give me a shout.

P.S. you won't miss anything major but look out for introduction lectures during welcome week as they always give you useful hints and tips about your course

Out of curiosity, did you meet your offer? You said 'letting me in' as though you missed slightly:s-smilie: As the Strath Rep said, emailing them would be a good idea. They are surprisingly quick at replying most of the time. What were your choices of accommodation?
Out of curiosity, did you meet your offer? You said 'letting me in' as though you missed slightly:s-smilie: As the Strath Rep said, emailing them would be a good idea. They are surprisingly quick at replying most of the time. What were your choices of accommodation?

I’ve applied to it now, and yeah I missed my grades but they still sent me an offer 😊 I’ve applied to the cheapest ones basically aha
I’ve applied to it now, and yeah I missed my grades but they still sent me an offer 😊 I’ve applied to the cheapest ones basically aha

Last time I heard they still had places in TCC and Birkbeck but that was last month. I even think birkbeck is the biggest. It always tends to be the party place for some weird reason. Thats good that they let you in!
Hi @dartagnankillian

I've also emailed the accommodation team as other students are asking as well. Once they get back to me I'll let you know the accommodation that's left. If you receive an email from them then please keep us updated on the situation.

Any other questions then just let us know-hope this helps!

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
Lorna
England
Physics
I have gotten in to start in September! I'm so excited and would love to talk to people before I go!
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hi @dartagnankillian

I've also emailed the accommodation team as other students are asking as well. Once they get back to me I'll let you know the accommodation that's left. If you receive an email from them then please keep us updated on the situation.

Any other questions then just let us know-hope this helps!

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep

Hi again,
I’ve changed my student finance forms now, and was wondering about 2 bursaries;
1 is for accommodation for RUK students for £1000, and the other is if you’re from a lower income background from RUK of up to £3000 a year. How long will it take to see if I’m eligible? And if so, when will they go into my account?
Thanks in advance 😊
Hi again,
1 is for accommodation for RUK students for £1000, and the other is if you’re from a lower income background from RUK of up to £3000 a year. How long will it take to see if I’m eligible? And if so, when will they go into my account?
Thanks in advance 😊

HI @dartagnankillian

If you email [email protected] they will be able to help you with your accommodation bursary. If you are eligible for the bursary you will be notified by mid October via email. The amount will be deducted from the University accommodation it is not payable to yourself. The award is dependent on you attending your classes and lectures and living in the University accommodation.

I'll need to find out about bursaries for students with lower income.

I'll get back to you on this!

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
HI @dartagnankillian

If you email [email protected] they will be able to help you with your accommodation bursary. If you are eligible for the bursary you will be notified by mid October via email. The amount will be deducted from the University accommodation it is not payable to yourself. The award is dependent on you attending your classes and lectures and living in the University accommodation.

I'll need to find out about bursaries for students with lower income.

I'll get back to you on this!

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep

Okay so it's the same email address if you have any questions about the 'Strathclyde Access Bursary'. It opens on 1st August 2018 and you have until 31 July 2019 to apply for it. You receive the payments in three installments into your own bank account in the same way you receive your student loans.

Payment dates are:
29th October 2018
28th January 2019
13th May 2019

More information can be found here:
https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/scholarships/strathclydeaccessbursary/

Anything else you need then just let me know

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
Hi again,
Thanks in advance 😊

Also I currently receive the £3000 bursary and the payments come into your babk account in three instalments like your maintenance loan. How much you get is automatically based on your SFE information and the dates of payment and the amount will be written in a letter and sent to your SFE account, so check that. The money given is all yours and is not like the £1000 bursary which is deducted from your accommodation fee, so use it wisely lol
Does anyone know when we will receive our course timetables?
Have people received their induction details yet?
Reply 356
Get personalised timetables on the Strathclyde APP 👍
Hi, I know this is a bit late but is anyone doing software engineering this September? Or computer science
Reply 358
Hi Abby they’ll be in the Strath APP from 3rd Sept
Original post by DonzPG
Hi Abby they’ll be in the Strath APP from 3rd Sept

You would be better clicking the 'Reply' or 'Quote' button as a user doesn't normally get notified unless tagged in some way. Just incase the person misses/doesn't see the comment.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending