The Student Room Group

How do you clean a toilet auger?

My toilet gets blocked easily which is really annoying. I have a plunger which is really effective for shifting the worst, obstructive blocking, however there's normally other pieces that end up getting stuck a lot further down the pipe which stay there no matter how many times I flush, and so the plunger is unable to move them. Therefore, I was thinking of going out and buying a toilet auger in order to shift that.

However, I've never had one before. I know how to use them and what to do and so forth, but what do I clean them with and how? I obviously can't just leave it untreated after so many uses because of all the bacteria that will be on it so I'll need to clean it, but I'm not sure how? Do you stick it in a bowl filled with a type of chemical and leave it in there for a bit, or get a sponge and scrub with a chemical, or is there some other way of doing it?

I appreciate it may seem like a stupid question but I'm not sure what to do as I've never done it before (unless it's alright to just leave it?). Thanks for your suggestions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending