The Student Room Group

List of Universities which have started sending offers!

CLOSED: This has become a redundant thread, and I i think all universities have started sending now? GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I saw this thread, thought it would be good to make a list of unis which have started making offers

Started sending for UK applicants: (not sure about international, sorry!):

Spoiler

edit: ps: I'm probably going to stop updating this soon, as I think by end of november, all universities will have started sending.

This thread made you scared because you haven't applied yet?

Spoiler

Haven't got an offer yet?

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

all of them
I’ve had offers from Exeter & Royal Holloway for English lit - has anyone had offers?
This kind of scares me, is there an advantage to applying early then? I thought all apps before Jan deadline were considered equal?
Original post by mature student
This kind of scares me, is there an advantage to applying early then? I thought all apps before Jan deadline were considered equal?

They are all considered equally! As long as you send it before the deadline, you're in the same position as everyone else.

Some universities don't send out any offers until after January, so don't worry about it.
Original post by Squiidsquid
They are all considered equally! As long as you send it before the deadline, you're in the same position as everyone else.

Some universities don't send out any offers until after January, so don't worry about it.

What confuses me though is that if this is the case how come Unis are giving early offers. Surely they have limited offers to give out, so giving them out early is making it harder for later applicants?

3 of the UNI's I wish to apply for are in the "lots of offers" section haha.
I received an offer from Leeds yesterday for Spanish and Arabic, for any Modern Languages applicants out there :smile:
What confuses me though is that if this is the case how come Unis are giving early offers. Surely they have limited offers to give out, so giving them out early is making it harder for later applicants?
They've been doing this for a while, so I assume they have a system for allocation? Edinburgh for example gets around 60,000 applicants per year, so they know how many more they're expecting. I'm p sure there's some threads flying about answering your question, which will be better at answering your question than me. :smile:
Reply 8
Huh. I've applied for Leeds and Sheffield for Theoretical Physics and for Warwick for Maths with Physics. Nothing yet.
Original post by &quot

3 of the UNI's I wish to apply for are in the "lots of offers" section haha.

As said previously unis will know roughly how many applicants of roughly what quality they will get. This makes it easy to give offers to those who massively exceed the criteria, and reject those who are massively below it, leaving the more marginal decisions until they have received more applications and can see more precisely what their applicant pool looks like.
Hence, it does not disadvantage later applicants as it is only people who are clearly in the offer range who will receive offers this early and people at that level will receive an offer whether they apply in September or in January. The only people it will affect is the more marginal applicants, and almost all unis will wait until later to make decisions on those.
Original post by Heirio
Huh. I've applied for Leeds and Sheffield for Theoretical Physics and for Warwick for Maths with Physics. Nothing yet.

Check the thread I linked above, maybe they've not made any offers to maths/physics yet?

An important thing to consider is that the people who are applying early are typically the Oxbridge applicants who are the most qualified and the most likely to receive offers anyway. It doesn't mean that applying early helps in itself.
I think Glasgow have started sending offers!
updated
Reply 14
I've just got a letter from Leeds inviting me to an applicant day, which is a good sign and is usually followed by an offer.
I've had offers from Warwick, Birmingham, and Southampton!
Original post by Miss Georgia
I've had offers from Warwick, Birmingham, and Southampton!

well done!! What course?

I tried to change my list, but the mobile app went ballistic - i'll put it back when i get back from holiday :smile:
Reply 17
got an offer from Sheffield for theoretical physics, AAA
Got an offer from KCL for Molecular Genetics
Original post by Squiidsquid
If you're like me and obsessively checking this thread

edit: sorry i just tried to edit it on the app and it messed up - will change back when i get back from holiday :smile:

This looks like a really good thread, well done.
Fixed the problem with your OP as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending