Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend of 2 years went to uni and broke up with me within a month Watch

Spoiler:
    Show

Basically we were ridiculously close before he went. He promised me he loved me and that whatever happened he would try his hardest to make it work. He invited me up during freshers and we were fine and then basically a girl told him she liked him and then within a week we had broken up. He says his heads a mess and that it’s not about the freedom of being able to get with other people but he also says he misses me and wants me in his life but won’t get back together with me so surely it must be about the girls? The girl who said she liked him looks exactly like me and is in his flat and he slept with her 3 days after we broke up. What do I do now? I feel broken and destroyed because I still love him

ReputationRep:
    That's sad
    BUT LIFE MUST GO ON

ReputationRep:
    He's drowning in pussy, and can't resist all the temptations. He's just a man. It's not you.

ReputationRep:
    Most relationships fail when they go off to uni.

As the song goes L.I.F.E.GO.E.S.O.N
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The classic uni freshers dumping extravaganza. You'll get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Basically we were ridiculously close before he went. He promised me he loved me and that whatever happened he would try his hardest to make it work. He invited me up during freshers and we were fine and then basically a girl told him she liked him and then within a week we had broken up. He says his heads a mess and that it’s not about the freedom of being able to get with other people but he also says he misses me and wants me in his life but won’t get back together with me so surely it must be about the girls? The girl who said she liked him looks exactly like me and is in his flat and he slept with her 3 days after we broke up. What do I do now? I feel broken and destroyed because I still love him

Just shows you how people don't actually truly care for you, no matter what they say or do. What people call "love" and "relationships" is actually just BS that is ultimately to make themselves feel good in some way. The fact that he buggered off to uni and dumped you within a month shows that he could feel much better at uni surrounding himself with girls than when he was with you. If you are going to be in a relationship then just be prepared for all this pointless, time wasting BS that never gets you anywhere. Right now, you are right back where you started 2 years ago - you are not in a relationship.

Don't take it personally, but it's the harsh yet simple truth of all people. There are no exceptions to this truth whatsoever. People just ain't no good. It is a fact that can be seen everywhere.

So enough of my rant, but just try and do something useful with your extra time and lack of limitations I say. Time is the most precious resource anyone can have. Whether you waste it away, following someone that will just dump you when they find someone better, or if you spend it wisely and help others (and not just yourself), is up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rey Felipe)
    He's drowning in pussy, and can't resist all the temptations. He's just a man. It's not you.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Just gonna stand here and watch me cry
    but that's alright because i love the way you lie

Whats the best way to break up before you go to uni? (I am not in a relationship yet but...)

Whats the best way to break up before you go to uni? (I am not in a relationship yet but...)
    Not over text lmao that’s how my ex did it

ReputationRep:
    hi

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes a man just has to upgrade.

ReputationRep:
    If a girl ever did that to me, I'd work super hard to become a figure of success and greatness and then she comes back I'd show myself to her before tearing her apart as a total loser.

This is happened to one girl so far, my most recent ex is the next target.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economics Legend)
    Sometimes a man just has to upgrade.
    A mate of mine dumped his GF because he said he felt like he was "settling for silver".

ReputationRep:
    tell her you only wanted him or her for the ****/pussy

ReputationRep:
    That happens to most relationships when uni starts. It's better to go uni single you'll have so much personal development. And a lot less drama!

(Original post by QuestionQuest)
    That happens to most relationships when uni starts. It's better to go uni single you'll have so much personal development. And a lot less drama!
    It’s not like we had any drama though, I was confident in the relationship and had the utmost amount of trust and gave him all the space in the world over the first 2 weeks, I was very understanding and he used my supported when he originally struggled to settle in so was all very sudden

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I know you think it was true love, etc etc. But you'll find someone else. It happens a lot. You're in a close relationship, one of you goes to Uni and the world around you kicks in. Seriously, you'll find someone else. Long distance is hard, particularly if you didn't start it off that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    A mate of mine dumped his GF because he said he felt like he was "settling for silver".
    Vile, disgusting er.....not not really.

I feel this mate of yours should start a gofundme for being a legend. I, for one would contribute.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.