The Student Room Group

Eligibility

Hi

I am planning to apply for university courses starting from 2018, I am an Indian and I don't have ILR but my father is British passport holder (UK national). I do have dependant leave to remain and I got my conditional offer stating me I will be charged 'home fee'. so am I eligible for student finance or not?

Thanks
Original post by Vijayakumar
Hi

I am planning to apply for university courses starting from 2018, I am an Indian and I don't have ILR but my father is British passport holder (UK national). I do have dependant leave to remain and I got my conditional offer stating me I will be charged 'home fee'. so am I eligible for student finance or not?

Thanks

Hi Vijayakumar,

How long have you been resident in the UK for? and what age are you?

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi Vijayakumar,

How long have you been resident in the UK for? and what age are you?

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise
I am living in UK for past 3 years
and I am 19
Reply 3
Hi Louise

I am living in UK for past 3 years and I am 19.

Thanks
Original post by Vijayakumar
Hi Louise

I am living in UK for past 3 years and I am 19.

Thanks

Hi Vijayakumar,

In order to be entitled to Student Finance, you need to have settled status with no restrictions and resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the course start date or have long residency in the UK.

That means that although you meet the three year residency requirements, you do not hold settled status, Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and you do not meet the long residency criteria either.
So for this academic year you would not be eligible for support.

You can be confident once you have been awarded ILR, you will be eligible for full support from Student Finance, for the first academic year following that date.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending