The Student Room Group

Please help me decide for uni!

Hi, I'm from Taiwan and I wish to start university in 2018. I've looked up quite a few film and media courses which I'm interested in. Bristol University, Newcastle University and Sussex are on my top list. However, my parents and many other people are telling me that it's very hard to find a good job in this field. Studying abroad is very expensive and I definitely don't want to finish university and not able to find a job. I'm considering Marketing as well since it would probably be easier to find a job, but I'm so bad at math and really hope that I don't have to worry about it a lot. I looked into some of the modules and I'm still not sure how much math it would require me to study, I'd be glad if anyone can share some thoughts with me!
Do you all think I should study what I'm interested in or should I major in the one that holds a better carreer(in general)? Is it really difficult to find jobs with a media and film degree (some people said that this field don't really require a degree)?
Is the combined honors at Newcastle Uni a good one? Since I could study business and film/media at the same time, it really sounds attractive.
Sorry for such a long post, but I really need some advice and thoughts! Thanks a lot in advance and please excuse my english...
Reply 1
Your interests are ALWAYS more important than money.
Original post by Nyimane
Your interests are ALWAYS more important than money.

Hmmm, £28650 a year plus living expenses when graduates of film and media get an average salary of £23000 a year after 40 months.

If you want to study in the UK you better do something which gives you a good salary and media studies won't do that.

I'd go with marketing.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending