The Student Room Group

My weight Loss thread

Scroll to see replies

88 weeks. How long is 88 weeks
You won’t lose weight instantly otherwise we’d all be skinny. You need to be consistent over a period of weeks/months. Sorry.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
You won’t lose weight instantly otherwise we’d all be skinny. You need to be consistent over a period of weeks/months. Sorry.

trouble is with my weight i'm not really consistent
Original post by Themanreturn
trouble is with my weight i'm not really consistent

Well then that’s something to work on
As others have said weight loss takes time. And the key is definitely a calorie deficit - it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you are in a calorie deficit (burning more energy than you lose). Obviously though it's more beneficial to eat more nutrient dense foods (e.g. vegetables) than ones that aren't. When you do start to lose fat, the number on the scale might change for ages until you experience a 'whoosh' (see the photo for a better explanation of how it works).

That being said try not to focus or obsess about losing weight! It's not healthy and as long as you're consistent you'll get there in the end. If a couple of months have passed and you're not seeing any results either by looking at yourself (e.g. you don't look 'thinner':wink: or on the scale it just means you're not in a calorie deficit.whoosh.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest