Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The North is better than the South for jobs, homes, happiness Watch

ReputationRep:
    Question has got to be would you rather would in the south for £60,000 a year and paying a mortgage on a flat/house worth say £400,000 or live up north on £30,000 and paying a mortgage on a £100,000 house???

ReputationRep:
    I honestly prefer the south.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the south

ReputationRep:
    t'North is champion.

ReputationRep:
    Like to visit the for the weekend or to see mates but defo the South to live.

ReputationRep:
    My life is in the South and I'm happy here.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mattymoo432)
    Question has got to be would you rather would in the south for £60,000 a year and paying a mortgage on a flat/house worth say £400,000 or live up north on £30,000 and paying a mortgage on a £100,000 house???
    North would be great but the lack of public investments there is dire.

ReputationRep:
    south lol

ReputationRep:
    The south, even when you can get more for your money up north. Earning half the salary but getting a house at 25% the price of the south.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I live in London so would say South.

ReputationRep:
    Why are being so restricted to their roots? I'm in east of England which is largely regarded as being part of south but I'm happy to leave my roots to move 6 hours I'm North

ReputationRep:
    The south, even when you can get more for your money up north. Earning half the salary but getting a house at 25% the price of the south.
    Why are being so restricted to their roots? I'm in east of England which is largely regarded as being part of south but I'm happy to leave my roots to move 6 hours I'm North
    U wot m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    U wot m8
    What don't you understand?

ReputationRep:
    What don't you understand?
    Why don’t you move up north then? Personally, I’m happy with staying down south.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Why don’t you move up north then? Personally, I’m happy with staying down south.
    I will be moving up north. My questions is why don't more people do this, if you can have everything more affordable
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The North. Lived in the North West all my life, but I've traveled around quite a lot and I wouldn't want to live in the South. People are so cold/distant, everything costs more and the pace of life is more stressful than it actually needs to be.

ReputationRep:
    I will be moving up north. My questions is why don't more people do this, if you can have everything more affordable
    I find the north really dull and boring - especially when compared to London. Also, the area I’m from is a business friendly area so it’s good for opening businesses.

Yeah but it's also a bit dumpy up North.

ReputationRep:
    South every time i'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    South is more expensive for a reason. It's nicer.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.