The Student Room Group

Would you believe this guy?

If a guy you liked wanted to be FWB but not a relationship. Then tells you he would actually like a relationship but is not emotionally capable, he is damaged by his ex-girlfriend, not fully over her 3 years later and so no longer develops feelings.

Would you believe this? Given that he told you he's happy to be FWB with you.
Reply 1
Oldest trick in the book.....
Yes i would.
Reply 3
Interesting, two competely different answers.

It's just him saying that he wants to be FWB anyway; I think for me that would be that he'd already decided you weren't girlfriend material regardless of these issues.. but I may be wrong.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Interesting, two competely different answers.

It's just him saying that he wants to be FWB anyway; I think for me that would be that he'd already decided you weren't girlfriend material regardless of these issues.. but I may be wrong.

In my opinion speaking as a 25 year old male, if he respected/valued you he wouldn't even bring up this FWB option knowing how this could affect you emotionally in the future. He should be offering the option for you guys to remain close friends if he is doesn't want a relationship.
Reply 5
Yeah I see where you are coming from...

Do you think if you really liked someone enough you'd want to be with them, irregardless of this other stuff?
Reply 6
If a guy you liked wanted to be FWB but not a relationship. Then tells you he would actually like a relationship but is not emotionally capable, he is damaged by his ex-girlfriend, not fully over her 3 years later and so no longer develops feelings.

Would you believe this? Given that he told you he's happy to be FWB with you.

he probably just isn't that into you enough to take you to out to dinner or put a ring on it, but wouldn't mind the no strings attached sex

there may or may not be a small nugget of truth in his excuse, but more likely it is exactly that [and excuse to avoid commitment] and he would just rather the easy sex....
Reply 7
Yeah I see where you are coming from...

Do you think if you really liked someone enough you'd want to be with them, irregardless of this other stuff?

If I really liked someone, I would want to avoid hurting them in anyway. Indeed, you would want to spend as much time but this doesn't necessarily mean a relationship if I am not ready. TBH, there is nothing wrong with a FWB arrangement but if he knows you have feelings for him, I think that's unfair. At the end of the day though people are different though.
No I wouldn’t believe him! Don’t let someone call on you like that whenever they feel like it. If he would like a relationship with you but can’t because of his problem with emotions then why would he want to have sex with you? Sex with someone you really like is an emotional thing so he wouldn’t be able to cope with that either! Sounds like rubbish to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending