The Student Room Group

How to politely end a text conversation?

Random people message me on Instagram and I feel too bad not to reply or block them, yet I don’t want to talk.

What shall I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Random people message me on Instagram and I feel too bad not to reply or block them, yet I don’t want to talk.

What shall I do?

Just don’t reply, they’ll see your not interested in talking and leave you alone
Reply 2
Original post by IDOZ
Just don’t reply, they’ll see your not interested in talking and leave you alone

Generally they just persist or get mad about it, which I don’t want

What shall I do?

You don't have to reply.

I get quite a few messages from strange people on FB and ignore them.
Generally they just persist or get mad about it, which I don’t want

if you dont follow them back, they have no way of knowing if youve read their message or not. Just ignore them and they will assume you didnt get their message as it goes to the "other inbox"

For people you actually know, just take like 2 days to reply to each message and eventually they get the hint
Reply 5
Why can't you just reply and have some fun with it? take your time with it though like whenever you're bored just have a laugh and don't be serious about it. If you take ages to reply and aren't serious they'll take the hint.
Original post by Zxyn
Why can't you just reply and have some fun with it? take your time with it though like whenever you're bored just have a laugh and don't be serious about it. If you take ages to reply and aren't serious they'll take the hint.

People will take that as a sign your interested and then start asking you out on dates.
Its not a good idea to lead people on.
Reply 7
Original post by hannah00
People will take that as a sign your interested and then start asking you out on dates.
Its not a good idea to lead people on.

They need to learn the hard way not every girl has an interest in them and they shouldn’t pop up expecting her to, unless she gives a reason to believe it’s more than platonic they should learn to read the situation as it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending