Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Got a question about Postgraduate Masters and Doctoral Loans? Our experts are here to help.

    Rebecca is one of the Student Loans Company advisors and provides support to customers about all aspects of student finance.

    Rebecca is an experienced customer advisor with 7 years of experience within Student Finance England, and currently works on the Superuser team who deal with complex queries including Postgraduate.

    Tom is an experienced advisor. He specialises in funding for masters students and higher education courses.

    Please be aware all answers will be posted on Thursday 15 February.

    Post-Graduate Student Finance?
    I have completed four years of undergraduate which were funded by student finance (both tuition fees and living costs). I'm from a low income family so received a high maintenance loan and bursary.

    I am now wanting to continue my education and I am at a bit of a cross-roads with what I want to do and the financial side of things will really influence me.

    - If I do a master's degree, will this be funded?
    - If after a master's degree I wanted to do graduate-entry medicine, would this be funded even though I have already done a post-graduate degree?
    •  Official Rep

     Official Rep
    Funding would be available for a designated stand alone Masters course, for more specific information on the amount of funding please call, 0300 100 0031
    (Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm).
    Graduate entry medicine is an exception course so does not take into account your previous under graduate and post graduate study. The specific funding available would depend on which academic year you started your course.

    The chat's now closed, thanks to Rebecca and Thomas
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.