The Student Room Group

Confusion within in friendship group

One of my friend have broke up with a frenemy of mine about a month ago but lately she has been holding his hand and putting her head on his lap. What is going on?!!! Me and my other friend have talked about it and we believe that they are back together, we have asked them what's going on between them but they are saying that they are just friends. I don't get what she sees in him as he doesn't look after himself (he doesn't shower and smells of bio) and he does anything for attention. Also the first week of them going out he cheated on her with his ex, which being a good friend I told her and ensured her that I have proof but yet he twisted it by saying that I have done this before (which is lies) and she believed him over me and stayed with him. At first I thought that maybe she didn't want to end this relationship and she was too love-struck to believe the truth. I was still friends with her after that situation and continue to, but I found out something that shocked me. Three weeks after he had cheated on her, she had slept with him (she told me this). I don't know what to do as they are both confusing and angering me at the same time. Should I not be friends with her anymore as I cant cope with this bullsh*t
I think that you should speak to them and make it clear that you and everyone in the group feels uncomfortable when they are all lovey dovey
It's none of your business.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
It's none of your business.

But its affecting the group as she is changed (not in a good way) as before she was with him she was kind, caring, funny and a really good friend but when she was with him she was snapping at people in our group for no reason, lies to us, drastic changes in her appearance and rarely talk to us (if she does then its in an aggressive manner)
Original post by Anonymous
But its affecting the group as she is changed (not in a good way) as before she was with him she was kind, caring, funny and a really good friend but when she was with him she was snapping at people in our group for no reason, lies to us, drastic changes in her appearance and rarely talk to us (if she does then its in an aggressive manner)

In that case it's still none of your business and you should let her do her thing and go your separate ways. It's up to her if she wants to be in a relationship with him and not much you can do.
Reply 5
In that case it's still none of your business and you should let her do her thing and go your separate ways. It's up to her if she wants to be in a relationship with him and not much you can do.

I see what you mean its just that he has done this before in his last relationship as he got his last girlfriend pregnant then left her and I fear that he will do it again
I see what you mean its just that he has done this before in his last relationship as he got his last girlfriend pregnant then left her and I fear that he will do it again

There's really not much you can do, as much as you want to help. Sometimes people need to get hurt before they realise they're in a bad relationship.
Reply 7
There's really not much you can do, as much as you want to help. Sometimes people need to get hurt before they realise they're in a bad relationship.

You're right! I have spend loads of my time trying to help but she has not taken any of my advise so I guess she is on her own now
You're right! I have spend loads of my time trying to help but she has not taken any of my advise so I guess she is on her own now

Exactly. You've tried to help already and she's not listening and you can't change that. You need to let her figure it out on her own now.
Reply 9
Exactly. You've tried to help already and she's not listening and you can't change that. You need to let her figure it out on her own now.

I will
You need to stay friends cause she'll need as much support as possible when she finally comes to her senses and gets rid of this idiot
Original post by bones-mccoy
You need to stay friends cause she'll need as much support as possible when she finally comes to her senses and gets rid of this idiot

I will stay friends with her but I'm going to stay out of their relationship until she comes to her senses and realises that I was right and he is just using her for sex
Reply 12
dont be so rude. it might not be their buisness but you can butt out of this
Original post by cloe123
dont be so rude. it might not be their buisness but you can butt out of this

All of his previous relationships, he has just used them for sex (he told me himself)
Reply 14
oh that makes a lot of sense soz
Original post by cloe123
oh that makes a lot of sense soz

Its fine, you didn't know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending