Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Confusion within in friendship group watch

Announcements

One of my friend have broke up with a frenemy of mine about a month ago but lately she has been holding his hand and putting her head on his lap. What is going on?!!! Me and my other friend have talked about it and we believe that they are back together, we have asked them what's going on between them but they are saying that they are just friends. I don't get what she sees in him as he doesn't look after himself (he doesn't shower and smells of bio) and he does anything for attention. Also the first week of them going out he cheated on her with his ex, which being a good friend I told her and ensured her that I have proof but yet he twisted it by saying that I have done this before (which is lies) and she believed him over me and stayed with him. At first I thought that maybe she didn't want to end this relationship and she was too love-struck to believe the truth. I was still friends with her after that situation and continue to, but I found out something that shocked me. Three weeks after he had cheated on her, she had slept with him (she told me this). I don't know what to do as they are both confusing and angering me at the same time. Should I not be friends with her anymore as I cant cope with this bullsh*t

ReputationRep:
    I think that you should speak to them and make it clear that you and everyone in the group feels uncomfortable when they are all lovey dovey
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    It's none of your business.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
    It's none of your business.
    But its affecting the group as she is changed (not in a good way) as before she was with him she was kind, caring, funny and a really good friend but when she was with him she was snapping at people in our group for no reason, lies to us, drastic changes in her appearance and rarely talk to us (if she does then its in an aggressive manner)
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But its affecting the group as she is changed (not in a good way) as before she was with him she was kind, caring, funny and a really good friend but when she was with him she was snapping at people in our group for no reason, lies to us, drastic changes in her appearance and rarely talk to us (if she does then its in an aggressive manner)
    In that case it's still none of your business and you should let her do her thing and go your separate ways. It's up to her if she wants to be in a relationship with him and not much you can do.

In that case it's still none of your business and you should let her do her thing and go your separate ways. It's up to her if she wants to be in a relationship with him and not much you can do.
    I see what you mean its just that he has done this before in his last relationship as he got his last girlfriend pregnant then left her and I fear that he will do it again
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    I see what you mean its just that he has done this before in his last relationship as he got his last girlfriend pregnant then left her and I fear that he will do it again
    There's really not much you can do, as much as you want to help. Sometimes people need to get hurt before they realise they're in a bad relationship.

There's really not much you can do, as much as you want to help. Sometimes people need to get hurt before they realise they're in a bad relationship.
    You're right! I have spend loads of my time trying to help but she has not taken any of my advise so I guess she is on her own now
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    You're right! I have spend loads of my time trying to help but she has not taken any of my advise so I guess she is on her own now
    Exactly. You've tried to help already and she's not listening and you can't change that. You need to let her figure it out on her own now.

Exactly. You've tried to help already and she's not listening and you can't change that. You need to let her figure it out on her own now.
    I will

ReputationRep:
    You need to stay friends cause she'll need as much support as possible when she finally comes to her senses and gets rid of this idiot

(Original post by bones-mccoy)
    You need to stay friends cause she'll need as much support as possible when she finally comes to her senses and gets rid of this idiot
    I will stay friends with her but I'm going to stay out of their relationship until she comes to her senses and realises that I was right and he is just using her for sex

ReputationRep:
    dont be so rude. it might not be their buisness but you can butt out of this

(Original post by cloe123)
    dont be so rude. it might not be their buisness but you can butt out of this
    All of his previous relationships, he has just used them for sex (he told me himself)

ReputationRep:
    oh that makes a lot of sense soz

(Original post by cloe123)
    oh that makes a lot of sense soz
    Its fine, you didn't know

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.