Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could change a friendship I have with a girl into a relationship, even though she said to me that we should be friends?

We have known each other for just other a year now and she is busy working and we have met up a few times for lunch etc.. I just feel she said to be lets just be friends because she is too busy at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me when I say this, If she has said let's be friends then she is not romantically with you. Don't waste time trying to woo her over or anything. It is not because she is busy, If she were truly in love she would find time to go out with you and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    To quote a saying that's been popping up a lot lately; "No means no, not 'convince me'."

ReputationRep:
    Yeah 'friend zone' is just a complicated way of saying no i'm afraid.

Thank you for your honest views much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Remain friends, who knows she may just fall for you, happens.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Yeah I am going to remain friends as we have a lot in common. I have just distanced myself from her. She did message me yesterday out of the blue which was good.

ReputationRep:
    Just remain friends, as friendship is better than being in a relationship

ReputationRep:
    #1 Take her to the deep sea fishing
    #3 Hysterically point at a poisonous jelly fish
    #5 Ensure she is not in mortal danger, but panicking enough that she loses her grip and falls
    #7 Proclaim, "I will save you" dive in
    #9 Give her your jacket

"You know Ned, on a scale of 10 you are a 9 and I am the 1 you need "

The End

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.