The Student Room Group

How can I make a meaningful friendship

I have so many acquaintances but yet I am unable to form a deep meaningful friendship with anyone. Sometimes I go to networking events and meet people that way but we never meet again. Its sad because its really awkward to ask for their number as I don't want to come across as needy. I also like travelling a lot but most of the time I go alone. I am happy to go my own way and explore the world but it can get lonely sometimes.

Any tips on how to make close friendships with people who are willing to take their time out for you or travel? So far in life I've only had fake friends who were only there when they needed something from me.
I think it's hard to necessarily 'force' yourself to make a meaningful friendship, I guess they kind of just happen. From what you've said, you seem sociable which is great! I usually go to a lot of houseparties and if I do meet someone decent, I'll get their number/ snapchat. Just something I could maybe use to message them with. I met one of my really good friends at a party and I wasn't hesitant to message him after and get to know him, they may want you to do the same too! Don't feel needy by asking for their number! What's the worst that can happen? Just go for it :smile: I'm sure it'll work out fine!

I think once you start seeking for someone and make it your ultimate goal, it's hard that it will happen. Build strong friendships with a few people you like and see where it goes from there. Maybe ask them to meet up and get to know them better? Just try and spend a lot of time with them and over time, it'll hopefully turn to a strong friendship. I hope that's helped, clearly I'm not the best at giving advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending