The Student Room Group

Combined pill- does it stop period cramps?

I’m going to my doctors about My cramps as they make me feel extremely nauseated, feel faint and bad diarrhoea. My sister said I should ask for Microgynin, however looking at the risks of having breast cancer, but being prevented from colon, ovarian and womb cancer, I don’t know if it’s better to stick with the pain or be at risk of cancer. Is anyone else on this??
Original post by Anonymous
I’m going to my doctors about My cramps as they make me feel extremely nauseated, feel faint and bad diarrhoea. My sister said I should ask for Microgynin, however looking at the risks of having breast cancer, but being prevented from colon, ovarian and womb cancer, I don’t know if it’s better to stick with the pain or be at risk of cancer. Is anyone else on this??

You have breast tissue. You're already at risk of cancer - including bowel, ovarian and uterine cancers, plus all the others out there. It's not a common side effect. Go on the pill, because it will help your life a lot. It's not a good idea to worry about side effects like that, because as long as you have the tissue, there's a chance you could develop cancer. It's a small chance, but it's still there anyway. You should improve your life instead of worrying about a disease that you might not get. I hope that's not harsh, but it's true. You should talk to your GP who can help rest your mind.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
You have breast tissue. You're already at risk of cancer - including bowel, ovarian and uterine cancers, plus all the others out there. It's not a common side effect. Go on the pill, because it will help your life a lot. It's not a good idea to worry about side effects like that, because as long as you have the tissue, there's a chance you could develop cancer. It's a small chance, but it's still there anyway. You should improve your life instead of worrying about a disease that you might not get. I hope that's not harsh, but it's true. You should talk to your GP who can help rest your mind.

Thankyou, no it’s not rude I’m glad you’ve told me haha. Are you on it??
Thankyou, no it’s not rude I’m glad you’ve told me haha. Are you on it??

No but I'm on Marvelon, used to be Rigevidon
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
No but I'm on Marvelon, used to be Rigevidon

Why is there so many different pills for basically the same thing??
Why is there so many different pills for basically the same thing??

They contain different amounts of the hormones.

Quick Reply

Latest