pinkfloyd1832
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
what does it mean to apply for the higher amount of maintenance loan? the student finance website makes a distinction between a maintenance loan and the higher amount of maintenance loan, but doesn't really explain what applying for the higher amount means or whether there is a criteria for it.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pinkfloyd1832)
what does it mean to apply for the higher amount of maintenance loan? the student finance website makes a distinction between a maintenance loan and the higher amount of maintenance loan, but doesn't really explain what applying for the higher amount means or whether there is a criteria for it.
It basically means you get more money, and you can apply for the maximum of I think £8700 outside London and around £11000 inside London. You're assessed on your parents' income, so they'll need to send off evidence and fill out forms themselves about their jobs and incomes.
pinkfloyd1832
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
It basically means you get more money, and you can apply for the maximum of I think £8700 outside London and around £11000 inside London. You're assessed on your parents' income, so they'll need to send off evidence and fill out forms themselves about their jobs and incomes.
there isn't a criteria or anything? anyone can apply?
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
there isn't a criteria or anything? anyone can apply?
I believe so. Look on the SF website and it'll tell you all the details. Just because you're applying for the higher loan doesn't mean you will get it.
pinkfloyd1832
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I believe so. Look on the SF website and it'll tell you all the details. Just because you're applying for the higher loan doesn't mean you will get it.
awesome! just didn't want to accidentally apply for something i wasn't supposed to. thanks a lot :-)
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
awesome! just didn't want to accidentally apply for something i wasn't supposed to. thanks a lot :-)
Oh definitely apply for it! If you can get more money I don't see why you wouldn't at least try to get it.
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Hi pinkfloyd1832,

If you request the higher amount of maintenance loan, we will take your household income into account when calculating your entitlement.

To see how much more that you may be entitled to, here is a link to the Student Finance Calculator,

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads