The Student Room Group

Date of arrival/course start EU student.

Hello, i recently applied as a migrant worker for a maintenance loan as i am heading into my final year and will not be working as much as before.

My problem is that i was told back that since i arrived on the 22nd of September i was not here for the start of my academic year. My university though has set as an official starting date for the studies the 3rd of October. I arrived on the 22nd of September and registered then. I called and i was told that i can just ask my university to give me my registration date proof and the course start proof to show them that i was here for the first day of courses. But then i called again to confirm and was told it won't work because i was not here on the 1st of September. I have gathered all of the evidence like payslips , contracts, past residence etc.

What course of action should i take? Will my situation be considered if i send in papers proving i was here for the start of the academic year or is it not going to work at all because i arrived on the 22nd of September?
Original post by yanbear
Hello, i recently applied as a migrant worker for a maintenance loan as i am heading into my final year and will not be working as much as before.

My problem is that i was told back that since i arrived on the 22nd of September i was not here for the start of my academic year. My university though has set as an official starting date for the studies the 3rd of October. I arrived on the 22nd of September and registered then. I called and i was told that i can just ask my university to give me my registration date proof and the course start proof to show them that i was here for the first day of courses. But then i called again to confirm and was told it won't work because i was not here on the 1st of September. I have gathered all of the evidence like payslips , contracts, past residence etc.

What course of action should i take? Will my situation be considered if i send in papers proving i was here for the start of the academic year or is it not going to work at all because i arrived on the 22nd of September?

Hi yanbear,

To qualify for Higher Education support, you must meet the following residency requirements:

Ordinarily resident in England on the 1st day of the 1st academic year of their course.*

Which means that the first day of the first academic year would be the 1st of September, not the first day of your course.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi yanbear,

To qualify for Higher Education support, you must meet the following residency requirements:

Ordinarily resident in England on the 1st day of the 1st academic year of their course.*

Which means that the first day of the first academic year would be the 1st of September, not the first day of your course.

Thanks

Louise

I see so the representative that told me to send in the papers from the uni confirming my registration date was mistaken.

Thanks for the help then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending