The Student Room Group

Anyone else hate their parents? Naah? Just me 😑

Most definitely, unequivocally, intensely hate my Parents with a burning passion.

No emotion.
No love.
Not interested in there well-being.
Barely talk to them.

We’re too different, they’re to abusive. I’m nothing more than an ATM. unfortunately still have to live in their house.

Only me?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Me
Reply 2
😶 this is so sad to hear. You’re probably not alone but it’s sad to hear anyone feel this way about their parents. Idk what to say.

I love my parents so I can’t really relate to this.
Reply 3
Original post by h333
😶 this is so sad to hear. You’re probably not alone but it’s sad to hear anyone feel this way about their parents. Must be tough.

I love my parents so I can’t really relate to this.

Unfortunately for me I wouldn’t know what that was like.

There are some hateful people in this world, unfortunately alot of those people have children
Original post by Ryan_Clarke
Most definitely, unequivocally, intensely hate my Parents with a burning passion.

No emotion.
No love.
Barely talk to them.

We’re too different, they’re to abusive. I’m nothing more than an ATM. unfortunately still have to live in their house.

Only me?

No, I don't hate my parents. However, with my dad, there are times... let's just say I regret getting him that "Best Dad" mug for father's day. But I still love him because without him I wouldn't be where I am now.

No emotion.
No love.
Barely talk to them.

Only me?

Meeeeee ✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼 i still love them but I can’t stand them.. more my mom then my dad .. glad I don’t live there nomore ... to controlling
Reply 6
Original post by EmilyH1256
Meeeeee ✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼 i still love them but I can’t stand them.. more my mom then my dad .. glad I don’t live there nomore ... to controlling

Glad i’m not alone.

I wouldn’t even go that far, I just don’t care anymore, well past giving a **** 😂

Sad, isn’t it.
my parents are good to me and I get on fairly well. however I can relate cos that's how I feel with my sister! we're complete opposites and now she's a mum &I'm at school still and she moved out we have nothing to talk about
Reply 8
Tbh, I rolled my eyes when I saw this, because I judged too soon. Its because there's a trend with the 'generation Z' to completely disrespect their parents because they're not allowed to do whatever they want, and they're spoilt etc.

But, unemotional, uninterested parents that have no input in your life are actually destructive. People argue 'oh they don't physically abuse you, and they give you what you want so why are you complaining' but an absent parent is destructive to a child going onto young adult. If your parents have no communication with you that's actually ridiculous. Why did they bring you into this world? To neglect you? People that have the responsibility to create a child but not to raise them are actually a joke. Children/teens need guiding and are not a burden for needing that. We didn't ask to be born - they made the choice so they should step up to the plate amiriteeee?

FYI, I love my parents, but I don't think you need to feel that you're wrong for feeling let down or passionate about the way they treat you
Glad i’m not alone.

I wouldn’t even go that far, I just don’t care anymore, well past giving a **** 😂

Sad, isn’t it.

Yea it happens tho
Watch mawaru penguindrum,
you can thank me later.
I don't hate them but I prefer not to talk to them because we will never see eye to eye about certain things and they refuse to accept that they are hurting me and making me miserable by forcing me to study something I have no interest in and am struggling with. We've never really had a close relationship probably because they are Asian and most Asian parents just aren't like that.
Reply 12
Unfortunately for me I wouldn’t know what that was like.

There are some hateful people in this world, unfortunately alot of those people have children

Sorry to hear that :/

That’s true.
I can’t really say much as I don’t know you or your parents personally but I hope things get better for you.

If my parents were like let’s say what you described, I would still try my best to be polite and be patient with them without expecting anything back. Most importantly, I would try my best to solve the issue between us. I know it’s easier said than done though.
Reply 13
You are definitely not alone.Do many children are used by their parents.And if you can make sense out of it this is one-your parents treats you the same way as their parents treated them.So please try at least understand that you are not the reason for your parents behaviour.They are victims themselves from bad parenting. They probably don’t know how to show emotions because they never expearience one.Don't do the same mistake to your children.All children should be valued .And be carful who you start relationship.Nusty people are all around .
No, but they get on my nerves sometimes. Although, I'm sure I get on their nerves too.
Yes.
No I love my parents alot im very grateful for them and what they do for me. I hope to repay at least half of what theyve done to me in the future in appreciation

edit: yes there are times I can get really angry and I feel like I "hate" them, but when I look at it in a rational open-minded sense, its just my emotions at this age (im 17) Although now I dont feel hatred only slight annoyance sometimes. But of course my parents arent abusive at all really so I guess im lucky
(edited 5 years ago)
No, but they do annoy me sometimes, and I sometimes get the vibe that they don’t like me as a person and how I’ve turned out, especially my dad. Ah well 🤷🏼*♀️

No emotion.
No love.
Barely talk to them.

Only me?

not my mum, just dad
You sounds like the type of person to put your parents in a nursing home and never hear from them again. That's sad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending