Martamxrtinss
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
would student finance accept an application from me? I have a cat 6 cifas marker I believe, for something so stupid it’s regretful but I was really hoping if anyone else has gone through this and has been able to get a student loan? I have a bank account with an online bank called Monzo
Catherine SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Martamxrtinss)
would student finance accept an application from me? I have a cat 6 cifas marker I believe, for something so stupid it’s regretful but I was really hoping if anyone else has gone through this and has been able to get a student loan? I have a bank account with an online bank called Monzo
Hi

Student Finance do not perform credit checks on students. Therefore, a low credit score will not have any impact on your application.
Your eligibility to student finance is only dependent on the following factors:
  • where you live (residency details)
  • your university or college
  • your course
  • whether you have studied before
  • your age
Student funding payments must be paid to a bank account in your own name. If you have a poor credit score you may have difficulties opening a bank account. You can apply to a bank or building society for an account, however an alternative would be a 'prepaid' bank account or a Post Office account.Thanks Catherine
Martamxrtinss
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Catherine SFE)
Hi

Student Finance do not perform credit checks on students. Therefore, a low credit score will not have any impact on your application.
Your eligibility to student finance is only dependent on the following factors:
  • where you live (residency details)
  • your university or college
  • your course
  • whether you have studied before
  • your age
Student funding payments must be paid to a bank account in your own name. If you have a poor credit score you may have difficulties opening a bank account. You can apply to a bank or building society for an account, however an alternative would be a 'prepaid' bank account or a Post Office account.Thanks Catherine
ah okay, I have a bank account under my name with Monzo and they would accept the funding, When it comes to paying it back in the future, would I only pay it back if I earn over £21,000 a year?
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Martamxrtinss)

Hi Martamxrtinss,

The Student Loans Company do not implement Credit Checks on students or their sponsors so customers with bad credit ratings can still apply.

We would only take into account if you were behind with any repayments of a previous loan from the Student Loans Company.

Regards Rona
borisddd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
IM trying to update my student finance bank details with my monzo account number and sort code but the student finance site wont accept. anyone else had this problem
Martamxrtinss
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
they accepted mine
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by borisddd)
IM trying to update my student finance bank details with my monzo account number and sort code but the student finance site wont accept. anyone else had this problem
Hi,

I'd recommend giving us a call on 0300 100 0607 and one of our advisors can look in to this further for you.

Regards. Duncan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads