The Student Room Group

student loan cifas marker

would student finance accept an application from me? I have a cat 6 cifas marker I believe, for something so stupid it’s regretful but I was really hoping if anyone else has gone through this and has been able to get a student loan? I have a bank account with an online bank called Monzo
Original post by Martamxrtinss
would student finance accept an application from me? I have a cat 6 cifas marker I believe, for something so stupid it’s regretful but I was really hoping if anyone else has gone through this and has been able to get a student loan? I have a bank account with an online bank called Monzo

Hi

Student Finance do not perform credit checks on students. Therefore, a low credit score will not have any impact on your application.
Your eligibility to student finance is only dependent on the following factors:

where you live (residency details)

your university or college

your course

whether you have studied before

your age

Student funding payments must be paid to a bank account in your own name. If you have a poor credit score you may have difficulties opening a bank account. You can apply to a bank or building society for an account, however an alternative would be a 'prepaid' bank account or a Post Office account.Thanks Catherine
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi

Student Finance do not perform credit checks on students. Therefore, a low credit score will not have any impact on your application.
Your eligibility to student finance is only dependent on the following factors:

where you live (residency details)

your university or college

your course

whether you have studied before

your age

Student funding payments must be paid to a bank account in your own name. If you have a poor credit score you may have difficulties opening a bank account. You can apply to a bank or building society for an account, however an alternative would be a 'prepaid' bank account or a Post Office account.Thanks Catherine

ah okay, I have a bank account under my name with Monzo and they would accept the funding, When it comes to paying it back in the future, would I only pay it back if I earn over £21,000 a year?
Original post by Martamxrtinss

Hi Martamxrtinss,

The Student Loans Company do not implement Credit Checks on students or their sponsors so customers with bad credit ratings can still apply.

We would only take into account if you were behind with any repayments of a previous loan from the Student Loans Company.

Regards Rona
Reply 4
IM trying to update my student finance bank details with my monzo account number and sort code but the student finance site wont accept. anyone else had this problem
they accepted mine
Original post by borisddd
IM trying to update my student finance bank details with my monzo account number and sort code but the student finance site wont accept. anyone else had this problem

Hi,

I'd recommend giving us a call on 0300 100 0607 and one of our advisors can look in to this further for you.

Regards. Duncan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending