The Student Room Group

It frustrates me because guys don't approach me and it might be because of my looks.

It frustrates me because guys don't approach me and it might be because of my looks.

Scroll to see replies

Could be for a number of reasons, it's hard to tell. Maybe try approaching them instead?
Reply 2
Why does a guy have to approach you? It's 2018, approach the guy.
Maybe for the same reason u doubt approach guy
I understand how you feel and it probably isn't your looks at all actually. Guys are human too complete with their own insecurities. They need a little encouraging especially the guy who hasn't dated that often. I used to be rather shy and felt the guy needed to approach me so I sat back and waited but, like you, it seemed like they would approach my friends. I thought I looked on par with them but the truth is my 'vibe' just didn't seem receptive. Plus you have to take into consideration where the guys are that aren't approaching you. If it is at bars or clubs they are probably looking for a quick flirt with hopes of ending in a possible ONS. You might present like you wouldn't be that girl (and you really don't want to be that girl). But, otherwise, guys need encouragement. Make eye contact and tilt your head and smile. Lol..... a friend of mine got married and told me she met her husband at a bar in London (so I guess they're not all looking for ONS :wink2:). I asked her how that happened and her response was, "I winked". See, she gave him encouragement! It is not difficult to show subtle interest but makes you a bit nervous if you expect the guy to always approach and take the lead. Some things you can do is don't just stand around in a group of girls..... right off the bat..... not approachable.
Then if it is just two or three of you and a guy approaches make consistent eye contact while he's talking), smile, laugh at his humour, touch his forearm or just above his elbow if he says something funny and you're laughing or you, yourself, want to make a point in the conversation. These are simple, yet subtle, flirts. They work if he could be al all interested and if he's not you haven't embarrassed yourself and he probably wouldn't be aware you were even flirting.

The other thing is do you just want random guys to approach you or guys who would like to work on a relationship. Just because a girl gets approached and maybe even snogs or goes further doesn't mean she's not left alone the next day...... feeling even worse because that guys wasn't actually interested in her for her.

Don't take it personally. You didn't mention how old you are and that will make a difference too. I now have a significant other and am in a LTR. I'm here to tell you the girl that thought no guy would ever approach her discovered when the time was right things worked out! They'll work out for you too! Good Luck!
Reply 5
Original post by I'mthestudent
Well, what do you look like?

Also it's hard to know when it's appropriate to approach a woman. Women either want men to approach them or they're accusing them of "raping me with their eyes" when they so much as cast a glance.
Original post by Tootles
Well, what do you look like?

Also it's hard to know when it's appropriate to approach a woman. Women either want men to approach them or they're accusing them of "raping me with their eyes" when they so much as cast a glance.

How I look shouldn't be the reason why I don't have guys approach me.
Original post by Anonymous

What else do they have to go off?
Have you tried approaching guys?
Original post by SubZero~

I want them to approach me.

You might wait too long and finally be unhappy. Really!

Okay well maybe you should try to stop being so stubborn and approach them; that way you'll know whether someone can vibe with you or not instead of standing there like a lemon waiting for Prince Charming to notice you, senpai.
Original post by the_queen

It's not fair that some girl don't to approach guys.
Why does it always have to be guys who approach girls?
Original post by Anonymous
Your appearence is what creates the initial attraction that will have a guy approach you :dunce:

What, were you thinking your amazing personality leaks out of your pores and attracts people without you needing to be physically attractive? If you want it to me more about your personality than your looks, you need to be in a better position to talk to guys.
Reply 15
It's not fair that some girl don't to approach guys.

Life isn't fair.

A simple life protip: If you want something, pursue it.

Original post by the_queen

Okay well maybe you should try to stop being so stubborn and approach them; that way you'll know whether someone can vibe with you or not instead of standing there like a lemon waiting for Prince Charming to notice you, senpai.

Original post by tangotangopapa2
Why does it always have to be guys who approach girls?

Ignore @I'mthestudent, she already started this thread earlier on and started a new one because she didn't like the answer she got.
Original post by Tootles
Ignore @I'mthestudent, she already started this thread earlier on and started a new one because she didn't like the answer she got.

Cheers.
Original post by Tootles

Hey, Why can't I rep you?

Maybe it's your attitude rather than your looks. Maybe they want you to approach them. Be a grown up and approach them, don't waste your life waiting for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending