The Student Room Group

Change after clearing

Hi. I didn't meet any of my offer conditions for my initial choices. I received an offer from another university through clearing and I added it on UCAS. The university has now accepted me and confirmed my place.My question is, can I withdraw from that university and apply to a different university through clearing again? Or do I have to go there now that they've given me an offer?Thanks.
Original post by amirkb
Hi. I didn't meet any of my offer conditions for my initial choices. I received an offer from another university through clearing and I added it on UCAS. The university has now accepted me and confirmed my place.My question is, can I withdraw from that university and apply to a different university through clearing again? Or do I have to go there now that they've given me an offer?Thanks.

You can ring up and ask to be released from your clearing choice, but the uni are under no obligation to do this and it may take some time.

Do you have another offer? How long are the uni willing to hold it for you?
Original post by amirkb

Hi @amirkb :smile:

You may want to contact UCAS directly about how you change your clearing choice through track as I'm sure they will be able to best advise you with this.

You can still contact universities and apply through clearing in the meantime, but please bare in mind that your offer usually stands for around 48 hours after they have given you that verbal offer.

I hope this helps but of course give me a shout if you have any other clearing questions

Ruth
Reply 3
Original post by SarcAndSpark
You can ring up and ask to be released from your clearing choice, but the uni are under no obligation to do this and it may take some time.

Do you have another offer? How long are the uni willing to hold it for you?

Thanks. Yes I got another offer when I was calling universities yesterday, which is only valid for a few more hours. I called them up today and they said the course has still not been filled so I assume if I were to be released from my clearing choice withing the next few hours, I could jump ship. Or at least I hope.
You need to call your clearing choice ASAP to see if they will release you- but if you only have a few hours to get released, this will be very tight.
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi @amirkb :smile:

You may want to contact UCAS directly about how you change your clearing choice through track as I'm sure they will be able to best advise you with this.

You can still contact universities and apply through clearing in the meantime, but please bare in mind that your offer usually stands for around 48 hours after they have given you that verbal offer.

I hope this helps but of course give me a shout if you have any other clearing questions

Ruth

Hey

In this situation, UCAS may not be a great amount of help as they are not keen on people changing choices after they have made a decision. However if OP contacts the uni direct they may be lucky and find the uni more helpful.

Usually contacting UCAS is good advice but from experience, they may be less helpful in this situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending