The Student Room Group

How can I improve from a C? History GCSE

So I recently did a history mock on medicine through time and got a level 5 (C). I’m pretty disappointed, I mean I’ve been putting in a lot of effort for history, all of last year I got 5s too and I’m just wondering how I can improve. My structure and SPAG is good and I’ve always been good at English, but I don’t understand why I can never get higher than a C. My marks were 22/32 and when I was going through it I noticed that on my 4 marker I got confused with preventive medicine and curing diseases, I also didn’t link back to the question on my last paragraph in my 12 marker. So I’m not sure if it’s that or something else. I talked to my teacher and she’s agreed to go through me mock and give my advice on how to get a higher grade like a level 6 (B) or a level 7 (A). But I also want to know from anyone who’s doing history at GCSE or has done it and got a high grade.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Jeninjc
So I recently did a history mock on medicine through time and got a level 5 (C). I’m pretty disappointed, I mean I’ve been putting in a lot of effort for history, all of last year I got 5s too and I’m just wondering how I can improve. My structure and SPAG is good and I’ve always been good at English, but I don’t understand why I can never get higher than a C. My marks were 22/32 and when I was going through it I noticed that on my 4 marker I got confused with preventive medicine and curing diseases, I also didn’t link back to the question on my last paragraph in my 12 marker. So I’m not sure if it’s that or something else. I talked to my teacher and she’s agreed to go through me mock and give my advice on how to get a higher grade like a level 6 (B) or a level 7 (A). But I also want to know from anyone who’s doing history at GCSE or has done it and got a high grade.
Revision is personal to you. Try different things. Keep doing what works and don't continue with techniques that don't. Understand the mark scheme inside and out. Sit down with your work a day or two after you've written it, and analyse it, mark it, criticise it where it needs to be improved and appreciate where you have hit the criteria on the mark scheme. Learn how you go from writing on a page to getting a grade. The connection between the two is the mark scheme. Use it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending