The Student Room Group

Aircadet's and friends (don't know where this post will go sorry)

Hello basically I am currently in the air cadets and I have been there for about 1 1/2 years my best friend has just turn't around to check out air cadets. The problem is that I joined the RAF to make new friends and to make a new friend circle if you get me (I trust air cadet friends more.) I didn't want air cadets to be that my friend would follow me to join. I don't really want him to join with me as I have my group of friends there if you get me and this may sound rude to say but I don't really want him there. Like this is because I am not really close with my school friends as I used to be. Like I have become more independent and have built a lot more social skills by becoming more independent.

In my opinion I feel that my opinion is honestly that he is more of an army cadet kind of person because it likes getting dirty etc.

Another question is that I invited him to a party however which has air cadet friends that are going and in my head I think to my self that he may try steal my friends / become closer to them than me even though he would of only known them for a few hours. I do understand that it is my fault though so yh.

What should I do about him wanting to join.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Firstly, you can't stop him joining - Air Cadets doesn't belong to you.

If you really think he would prefer joining Army Cadets, maybe talk to him about it. Point out that the Air Cadets are more about planes and the RAF, and the Army cadets are more about guns and combat. That might convince him to give Army Cadets a go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending