The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan for migrant worker

Hello, I have been admitted to a higher education course starting on the 15th of October and I have submitted my application form for finance with all the necesary documents on the 5th of September. Still waiting for a reply.

Now, in my case, I have been working continuously for the last 4 years,
except last month of September and soon will start a new part time job in weekend to be able to accomodate the cost ofg living and also to allow me to fully attent the course which is full time.

I would like to know if not working for 1 month will affect my application, both tuition fee and maintenance loan and also how many hours are required to work per week and if there is a minimum montly income which I need to earn

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Le Kashy
Hello, I have been admitted to a higher education course starting on the 15th of October and I have submitted my application form for finance with all the necesary documents on the 5th of September. Still waiting for a reply.

Now, in my case, I have been working continuously for the last 4 years,
except last month of September and soon will start a new part time job in weekend to be able to accomodate the cost ofg living and also to allow me to fully attent the course which is full time.

I would like to know if not working for 1 month will affect my application, both tuition fee and maintenance loan and also how many hours are required to work per week and if there is a minimum montly income which I need to earn

Thank you

Please help
Hi Le Kashy,

We process applications within 6 weeks so it is expected that you would not have had a reply yet. Whilst there is not a set number of hours which are required, the migrant worker team will review your income and accept it if they believe this to be of an amount which you could support yourself on.

The length of time you have been at your job does not impact your application as we will request termly evidence throughout your course to show that you are still in employment.

We can look into the progress of your application if you contact us on Facebook or Twitter.
Thanks,
Tégan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending