username3125608
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
They really smell. I walked into the kitchen today to make some food, and from the moment I opened the door I was hit with this disgusting stench. I don't even know what it is, it's that bad. It's definitely coming from them though. Every time I walk past their room, it stinks. Even when the door is shut, it absolutely reeks! They walked past me today and, oh my god, it was rancid. The thing is though, I can't really tell someone they smell. Well, I could. But it wouldn't go down well. What can I do do cancel out the smell/ maybe hint they need to wash themselves/clothes more often. Their hair is always greasy too. Honestly, it's so rank. Ugh.
Zeetingman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe when there's loads of people around just casually say whats that smell?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just be honest and tell them. I have no sense of smell so sometimes I don't realise how long I've worn something.
username4288010
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
there was this indian dude on halls and he stunk of sweat like unbeliveably bad. no one knew what to say to the dude. cos it wasnt like u need to wear deodrant. but more like u gotta go to doctor dude take meds and change up ur lifestyle. not sure if anyoen did tell him i was on halls then for 1 semester
DieselGate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Buy some air freshener and douse the place with it. Also make sure you spray them to the point they start coughing. I'm sure they'll get the message.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
wait outside their room with 2 other flatmates

when the smelly flatmate comes out, get your 2 flatmates to grab him whilst you hold him down.

Get out a can of lynx and douse the kid till the can is literally empty
PhilanderingBum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by romia017)
They really smell. I walked into the kitchen today to make some food, and from the moment I opened the door I was hit with this disgusting stench. I don't even know what it is, it's that bad. It's definitely coming from them though. Every time I walk past their room, it stinks. Even when the door is shut, it absolutely reeks! They walked past me today and, oh my god, it was rancid. The thing is though, I can't really tell someone they smell. Well, I could. But it wouldn't go down well. What can I do do cancel out the smell/ maybe hint they need to wash themselves/clothes more often. Their hair is always greasy too. Honestly, it's so rank. Ugh.
Stop being a passive aggressive little t0sspot b1ch and just say "hey mate, you stink, showers exist for a reason". Problem solved. Grow a pair
tom123h456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
where is this
DieselGate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tom123h456)
where is this
Are you one of said culprits?
jbman690
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
is this in bristol?
Plus7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh man. There's nothing you can do about it. Like people that play loud music, you can say the noise is too much but this is personal in this persons case. It's a no go zone lol.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Really bad BO is unpleasant.
IQuitTSR
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
solution:

invite the pest control in your house

pest control thinks flatm8 is pest

flatm8 taken care of

problem solved
Plus7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ANM775)
wait outside their room with 2 other flatmates

when the smelly flatmate comes out, get your 2 flatmates to grab him whilst you hold him down.

Get out a can of lynx and douse the kid till the can is literally empty
I'd suggest bleach/hydrochloric acid, deodorant doesn't seem nearly as strong enough.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Man up and tell her.
Wibble199p
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A guy I lived with was the same. Absolutely rancid, even when he'd use the bathroom to pee it'd stink the place out. He was using a lot of illicit drugs and herbs and such. Plus rarely washed, smoked, had hair down to his chest and it was at the point of us wondering, is he ill?

Sadly some people go through their whole lives being disgusting, filthy and dirty even when they're in their forties and fifties. They simply don't care about hygeine in the same way most other people do.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's Christmas soon, use this opportunity to buy them the full body spray and bath box set! I can sympathise, one of my housemates smells quite bad whenever they're in an enclosed space! You could always hint to them that it smells quite bad, not specifically blaming them.

When I've walked into the kitchen and it's smelt of BO, I've said "Damn it smells bad in here, I'm gonna open a window." It doesn't pin it specifically on one person but it certainly gets the point across.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DieselGate)
Buy some air freshener and douse the place with it. Also make sure you spray them to the point they start coughing. I'm sure they'll get the message.
Terrible advice, nobody wants to be breathing in chemicals like that. Find another approach but this is unhealthy.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DieselGate)
And possibly give him an asthma attack? Excellent.
tom123h456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Please tell me where so I I'll avoid the area
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (146)
14.46%
I'm not sure (43)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
30%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.71%

Watched Threads