The Student Room Group

I really like this guy, how do i approach him?

I really like this guy at uni. He's too cute. I only see him sometimes around the uni as he's doing a different course. We always have eye contact so he could be liking me too. I want to talk to him but I don't know how, I have no experience with guys. Plus he may be a few years younger than me or he might have a girlfriend. He probably does, he's so adorable and I can't get him out of my head. I doubt he is single. He really is gorgeous. What can I do?
Original post by Anonymous
I really like this guy at uni. He's too cute. I only see him sometimes around the uni as he's doing a different course. We always have eye contact so he could be liking me too. I want to talk to him but I don't know how, I have no experience with guys. Plus he may be a few years younger than me or he might have a girlfriend. He probably does, he's so adorable and I can't get him out of my head. I doubt he is single. He really is gorgeous. What can I do?

oh for god sake calm down

and 2nd...alls ya can do is stalk him. lol. then when u turn up where he turns up, bump into him accidentally and then say sorry then lock eyes with a seductive smile and then...

k you're not gonna do this are you :colonhash:
throw a rock at his head ot get his attention , then take thing from there
Do you know there name or had any interaction with them before?
Literally go up to them and say you’ve seen them around and would they fancy grabbing a drink some time. It can go one of two ways.
Or if you know there name or have social media, just pop up to them!!

Btw this is too cute)
Reply 4
If you are just too nervous to directly go up and ask him out...you could look lost and ask him where a certain uni building or other location (that he will probably know) is and then lead the conversation on to ask what course he's doing at the uni and then ask if he's in any society's/clubs. Appear interested in his responses and ask if you can leave him your phone number (writing down your phone number on a piece of paper to give them is easier than standing around taking down each others numbers) and tell him to text you later if he would like to hang out together. If he's interested he'll text you back.

If you still can't do that, earlier to seeing him just write down on a small bit of paper that you think he's cute and if he'd like to hang out with you text *your number*. When you see him tell him he dropped this folded paper, give it to him and walk away.

It's what I can think of atleast lol. Asking him directly is just a good simple choice really

I hope you do it (in some form)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
If you find a time where you and him are both walking on your own , you should approach him and ask for his number , SC or IG.
Find an excuse to talk to him, see what he's like. Maybe ask some of your friends if they know where he hangs out and join a similar club or something.
Reply 7
To be honest you're actually in a pretty good position here, unless he's already in a relationship or whatever, you can pretty much expect that he'll say yes if you do ask him out (provided you're a reasonably charming young lady). The question then becomes in how you go about it - and really this will pretty much send out a first impression of who he thinks you are as a person.
You could try and do it more slowly (do the classic liking of one of his old instagram posts or whatever), but really you might drag on to the point where he finds it annoying and just wants you to go away (which obviously you dont want). Fortunately, as you've already made eye contact and done all that stuff, the most natural thing to do is to just walk up to him and talk (you dont have to ask him out or anything but just talk about whatever you feel like). Leave a lot of it to him of course as you'll probably be quite shy and generally you might want to know more about him then he might immediatly about you. From here you just have to be a bit gusto and take the initiative if you can. He knows that you approach first (which is rare) so he knows you're into him, therefore there's no point waiting for weeks to hang out. A good way of doing this though is to meet up with him with your friends (the opposite scenario can be intimidating) and then after it's just upto you.

Really you haven't got anything much to lose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending