The Student Room Group

2020-2021 Teacher Training Bursaries

I want to start my ITT with speciality in secondary biology but am unsure whether to apply for 2019 intake or take an extra year out after my PhD to start in 2020. I would need the nursery to support me so my question is: does anyone have any insights or inklings to whether bursary is likely to change for secondary biology ITT?Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
I have recently been to a DfE meeting and they suggested wanting to move towards the 'Maths Model' - less money upfront and then retention bonuses in years 3 and 5. If this actually happens then the bursary will decrease.
Original post by KarinaNew
I want to start my ITT with speciality in secondary biology but am unsure whether to apply for 2019 intake or take an extra year out after my PhD to start in 2020. I would need the nursery to support me so my question is: does anyone have any insights or inklings to whether bursary is likely to change for secondary biology ITT?Thanks in advance!

Hi Karina,

We don't assess for the ITT Bursary but we are able to help you with your ITT finance and overall bursary information should you require this.

You can find further guidance here and here.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks, Jen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending