The Student Room Group

If guys usually end up giving up does it mean they were never truly into me?

Guys I've talked to initially they're all about me, texting constantly, almost like addicted, taking me out to nice places, nice gifts and when we argue they always make up eventually until they just don't anymore and give up and are gone. If they really liked me then why do they give up like that? Does it mean they were never truly into me? These are guys who are serious, whom i've said i'ma virgin, serious girl, waiting until marriage for sex so they're well aware from the start and they're crazy about me etc but it makes me wonder how they can put so much effort then that after that last fight they give up and seems like they don't care anymore
Reply 1
Guys giving up?

https://tinyurl.com/2fcpre6

Spoiler

Original post by darlinabecky
Guys I've talked to initially they're all about me, texting constantly, almost like addicted, taking me out to nice places, nice gifts and when we argue they always make up eventually until they just don't anymore and give up and are gone. If they really liked me then why do they give up like that? Does it mean they were never truly into me? These are guys who are serious, whom i've said i'ma virgin, serious girl, waiting until marriage for sex so they're well aware from the start and they're crazy about me etc but it makes me wonder how they can put so much effort then that after that last fight they give up and seems like they don't care anymore

if they gave up, they just wanted to take your virginity and would have left anyway
Original post by JokesOnYoo
if they gave up, they just wanted to take your virginity and would have left anyway

They knew form the beginning i was a virgin and waiting until marriage. After fights they always made up, bought me really nice gifts, took me to nice restaurants, cried for me etc they were crazy about me vibe so i don't get it. If they truly found me attractive and liked me as much as they showed in the beginning they wouldn't be gone? so youre saying it was all fake?
They knew form the beginning i was a virgin and waiting until marriage. After fights they always made up, bought me really nice gifts, took me to nice restaurants, cried for me etc they were crazy about me vibe so i don't get it. If they truly found me attractive and liked me as much as they showed in the beginning they wouldn't be gone? so youre saying it was all fake?

It just depends but i think its one of these:
They saw you as a challenge to take your virginity, even though you explicitly said you're a virgin.
They were nice people and found you cute. Human tendency is to either destroy beautiful things or keep beautiful things beautiful.
They liked you but you didn't reciprocate so they left, usually if they only saw you as a friend, you guys would still be friends. You wouldn't just disappear
It just depends but i think its one of these:
They saw you as a challenge to take your virginity, even though you explicitly said you're a virgin.
They were nice people and found you cute. Human tendency is to either destroy beautiful things or keep beautiful things beautiful.
They liked you but you didn't reciprocate so they left, usually if they only saw you as a friend, you guys would still be friends. You wouldn't just disappear

Okay i'm so curious because they showed much respect for me, I could tell they were crazy about me since they texted me constnatly throughout the day, always tried to make up after arguments, bough me really nice stuff etc. So i want to be able to differentiate which case it was. IF they really found me very attractive and really liked me why would they end up eventually getting sick of me? We did argue a lot and I do have a leading type of personality
Okay i'm so curious because they showed much respect for me, I could tell they were crazy about me since they texted me constnatly throughout the day, always tried to make up after arguments, bough me really nice stuff etc. So i want to be able to differentiate which case it was. IF they really found me very attractive and really liked me why would they end up eventually getting sick of me? We did argue a lot and I do have a leading type of personality

They probably found you cute and admired you for being a virgin. Many girls these day aren't, hard to find so treat you special. But i dont know what kind of person they are so its difficult to say. just because somebody is pretty doesn't mean i have to deal with unnecessary stress. My ex-girlfriend was a 8/9 out of 10 by conventional standards, but doesn't mean im going to take unnecessary stress just because she's pretty. Im also in the same range, she has interests from alot of guys, i have alot of interests from other girls too
They probably found you cute and admired you for being a virgin. Many girls these day aren't, hard to find so treat you special. But i dont know what kind of person they are so its difficult to say. just because somebody is pretty doesn't mean i have to deal with unnecessary stress. My ex-girlfriend was a 8/9 out of 10 by conventional standards, but doesn't mean im going to take unnecessary stress just because she's pretty. Im also in the same range, she has interests from alot of guys, i have alot of interests from other girls too

well then screw them. I was jsut trying to understand if that happens and trying to figure out if I wasn't fooled and that they truly were crazy about me.

Then they suck if they're going to put that much effort into someone then give up. What makes them not give up from the start?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending