The Student Room Group

Pregnancy test came back negative but I can still feel kicking sensations

Haven't had a period for two months. Had sex whilst on the implant. Took two tests and both came back negative but I still get weird sendations down there that almost feel like kicks and sometimes dull pain. My breats have also become rather big. What should I do?
surely if you feel kicks the baby would be quite big and developed.. and you'd notice a bump?
Original post by DendriticCell
Haven't had a period for two months. Had sex whilst on the implant. Took two tests and both came back negative but I still get weird sendations down there that almost feel like kicks and sometimes dull pain. My breats have also become rather big. What should I do?

If you're ever not sure go to a GP and get a proper test done (not one of those ones you can buy from a shop) :smile:
Reply 3

Go see your GP. It could be that the tests you took were both incorrect (unlikely given the circumstances, but still possible) or it could be that there is something else causing the sensations like potentially gut related things or muscle spasms. Either way you have something going on and that's a good reason to see your GP. :smile:

LOL you can't feel a baby kicking after 2 months.

Original post by MochiMirangue
If you're ever not sure go to a GP and get a proper test done (not one of those ones you can buy from a shop) :smile:

Do you actually think GPs have special tests? You do realise they just use super cheap ones like what they sell in poundland??
Reply 5

The tests at the GP are the same
You are not going to feel kicking sensations unless you are well along, 25 weeks ish. If you are still worried then you GP can repeat the test, I think it is unlikely at this stage. Sounds like cramps or similar.
Original post by ax12
The tests at the GP are the same

I thought they did a blood test to find out if you're pregnant or not. I didn't know they used pregnancy tests you can buy from chemists.
Original post by Anonymous
I thought they did a blood test to find out if you're pregnant or not. I didn't know they used pregnancy tests you can buy from chemists.

i've only ever seen urine tests being used. blood tests are expensive and i don't see why they would be needed
LOL you can't feel a baby kicking after 2 months.

Do you actually think GPs have special tests? You do realise they just use super cheap ones like what they sell in poundland??

I meant that they can get referred to have a blood test and other ways of determening if you are pregnant
I meant that they can get referred to have a blood test and other ways of determening if you are pregnant

why bother when 2 tests have shown she isn't pregnant?
why bother when 2 tests have shown she isn't pregnant?

Because those tests can be wrong sometimes. Its better to be safe than sorry with things like these. Also she should go to the GP anyways, in case it is something else that's making her not have her period for 2 months
Reply 12
Because those tests can be wrong sometimes. Its better to be safe than sorry with things like these. Also she should go to the GP anyways, in case it is something else that's making her not have her period for 2 months

No they don’t, the urine ones are good enough. But I agree with going if she’s got unexplained absence of her period, even though the implant often does that.

A baby doesn’t quicken in the womb until well after 16 weeks. And then it is usually very easily missed because it’s a tiny fluttering sensation. Kicking doesn’t begin until well after the 2nd trimester.
Babe calm yourself down. The implant is 99.9999% effective and it causes your progesterone levels to rise meaning you get period like symptoms hence your boobs seeming bigger. To get kicks you would have to be more than two months pregnant and you would not feel them ‘down there’. The implant is also known to cause absence of periods for 20% of women. Long story short, you are not pregnant. Maybe you just need a poo (lol)
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest