The Student Room Group

Funding for MSc (pre-reg) AHP courses

Hi I’ve been offered a place to study MSc (pre-reg) physiotherapy (2 year course). I’m aware the course is funded the same as an undergrad course; however, is the full tuition fee covered by SFE or will i have to fund some of the tuition myself? (Most unis charge around £10-12k per year for the physiotherapy MSc), or will it the full tuition be funded as overall the fees for the 2 year course still work out cheaper than the 3 year undergrad equivalent?

Also, I’ve been travelling for the past 18 months (1 year working holiday in Australia and backpacking elsewhere for the remainder), as long as i can prove this was of a temporary nature this won’t affect my funding, will it? (Ie. Copies of my visa grant, evidence of entry & exit from countries).

Thanks!
Original post by ac1993
Hi I’ve been offered a place to study MSc (pre-reg) physiotherapy (2 year course). I’m aware the course is funded the same as an undergrad course; however, is the full tuition fee covered by SFE or will i have to fund some of the tuition myself? (Most unis charge around £10-12k per year for the physiotherapy MSc), or will it the full tuition be funded as overall the fees for the 2 year course still work out cheaper than the 3 year undergrad equivalent?

Also, I’ve been travelling for the past 18 months (1 year working holiday in Australia and backpacking elsewhere for the remainder), as long as i can prove this was of a temporary nature this won’t affect my funding, will it? (Ie. Copies of my visa grant, evidence of entry & exit from countries).

Thanks!

Hi there,

It is correct that Post Graduate Healthcare courses attract undergraduate funding. Regarding the Tuition Fees, you can apply for up to £9250 per year of the course, so if it is £10-12k per year you would need to fund some of the fees yourself.
Yes, as long as you can show your time outside the UK was of a temporary nature you will still be eligible for funding.

Thanks, Andy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending